Chapter 1: Adria?

Start from the beginning

"Thank You Love." I say to Max's with the biggest smile on my face.

"Hey bug where is the orphanage at." I ask the timid girl in my arms. She points the way of the building as she nuzzles her head closer to my neck.
                       ************
After about 5 or more minutes we arrive in front of an old run down building with people walking in or out with kids. As we walk in I feel a lot of the kids and workers eyes on me.

"HEY WHO RUNS THIS PLACE!"Max yells in an angry tone. I never see Max mad unless it's for someone he loves. He's gonna be a great father.

"Follow me now." A voice of a middle aged women says breaking me out of my thoughts. We do as we're told.

"Why do you have this worthless child in your hands." The women yells at me and try's lunging at me to get Adria.

"First of all she's not worthless, she's a sweet, amazing, and adorable child who deserves better which leads me to my next point we would like to adopt her." Max says. The girl starts laughing uncontrollably.

"What ever floats both of your boats." She continues laughing.

"Sign here and fill this out then get her stupid stuff upstairs and never bring her back here." The lady screams at us and leaves. Max fills the paper work out and then we go upstairs to get her stuff. As we go past all the rooms she doesn't stop until the end of the hallway and enters a room in the very corner of the building. Her room is so warn down and not suitable for anyone especially a child to sleep in. She has only a couple things in here. She has a few children's books, a small blanket that matches her pillow pet, and a white electric guitar with famous peoples names on it. We gather all of her stuff besides the books and walk down the stairs to be stoped by that mean lady.

"Good luck with this mistake her parents should've killed her when they had the chance." I gasp as Adria cries into my chest. Max grabs my hand and drags me out of there. After we settle down Max and I decided to get some clothes and some stuff for her to live with us. I look at Adria in my arms and she's looking at the ground sucking her thumb.

"Hey bug how about we take you to get some clothes and some food." I say to Adria as I take her thumb out of her mouth. She looks up at me confused.

"Your strong babygirl you don't need to suck on your thumb." I say and she nods smiling shyly at me.

"When's the last time you ate?" Max asks. She looks down and shakes her head.

"Hey princess it's okay we can go anywhere you would like." Max said.

"What do you like to eat." Max continues. Adria looks up from my chest and looks at max with a big smile.

"CHICKEN STRIPS." She yells in an adorable soft voice. Max and I laugh at her adorableness.

"How about we go to Olive Garden." Max proposes.

"Pasta." Adria says and giggles. We all start laughing. Max's and I were on a walk so we don't have our car but Olive Garden is just down the road so we can walk but the mall is a few miles away so we'll get the car later.

***********
We walked down the block to Olive Garden with Adria in the middle of Max and I holding our hands as we sway them back and forth. We walk into the building and we were greeted by a waitress named Sarah.

"You guys need menu's or are you ready to order." Sarah asks. Max already knows what he wants but I don't know what Adria wants.

"Umm give us one moment pls." I say.

"Hey bug do you want chicken or pasta." I say to Adria. She looks up from coloring her menu with that same cheeky smile and shakes her head yes.

"Yes on what silly goose. I say as I tickle her side a little bit. She giggles and then turns to me when I stop and looks at me with broken eyes.

"Where's Aiden." Is all she says and then continues to color. Who? I'll just order pasta on the Adult menu and split it with her.

~~Skip the meal~~
Max's POV
We just finish our meals and now we're on our way home to get the car tho I don't think we'll be going to the mall they might close early today. Seeing Katherine with Adria warms my heart. Katherine will be a really great mom.

~~~~~~~~
We arrive home and go into the house. Katherine decided that we can get stuff tomorrow so we can hang out with Adria.

"Aaaa maxy help me." I hear Adria's voice and Katherine laughing. I run into the living room and throw Adria on my shoulders.

"Haha I'm taller than all of you now." Adria says and Katherine and I burst out laughing. I take Adria off and hold her in my arms and Kath starts tickling her.
"Ring Ring Ring." We stop as Katherines phone goes off.

Katherine's POV
I pick up my phone and see Christina is calling me.

Christina: Kath where are you. You were supposed to be here an hour ago for our band meeting.

Katherine: OMG I forgot I was so caught up in stuff with Adria that I forgot.

Christina: Kath that's the third time this month you've been late. What going on are you okay. Also who is Adria.

Katherine: Idk Chris i'll be over soon and I'll explain everything.

Christina: Kath your telling me what's up with you when you get here, understand I don't care if your an adult your my sister and I love you.

Katherine: Chris I love you too be there in a few.

I hang up the phone and run upstairs into the bathroom. I can't tell Christina my problem she'll hate me.