Starry Night

The moment your eyes locked, you were thrown off

The moment your eyes locked, you were thrown off. It felt like pure electricity was rushing through your veins. His steely gray eyes were intense and you knew that it wasn't gravity that kept you grounded. You didn't exactly know what you had just signed up for, but you were in. All in.
Right after Hogwarts, Dumbledore had recruited you and here you were. Your ex-professor, Remus as he had told you to call him, had brought you to a strange place along with your ex-headmaster. He had too insisted on calling him Albus. It felt strange. One moment you were a student and the other... well, what were you exactly?
You had been told everything you needed to know. You knew Harry and you were very well aware that he was a trouble-magnet. You realized that the trouble that lay ahead was greater than anything you had faced. Voldemort was on the rise. And he had chosen his target. He wanted Harry dead. Throughout the years, you had bonded with the boy and you considered him family- the little brother you always wanted- and the feeling was mutual.
When Dumbledore had asked to see you in his office the very last day of your last year, the first person you had seen sitting there was Harry. And then you noticed Remus and someone else. Someone you could easily identify as an Azkaban escapee. You didn't react immediately when you learned what really happened but when you did... oh boy, even Dumbledore was staring a bit taken aback and...well, rather amused. You had scowled Harry for his reckless behavior, even after he repeatedly assured you that he was alright and you pulled him into a bone-crushing hug.
After that, you had been informed about the Order and you had been asked whether you would like to join or not. Protecting Harry was your mission since your own parents never protected you.
That was the first time you saw him. You had merely glanced at him since you were too overwhelmed by everything that had happened but that was more than enough to give your heart a strange squeeze.
A few days after the end of the year you had been brought to the Order's Headquarters. An old and dark house, really. You had one job. Well, two. You were there to keep its resident company-yes, you were babysitting- and at some point, you would be a double agent. That scared you more than anything. But for now, you were stuck here. Not that you minded that much since oh, well...
There was a meeting and you should be listening but you didn't seem able to focus. You caught few words... Harry, Voldemort, mission, agent, your name was mention too. Ever so often, your eyes would wander towards him. It was something about his... aura. You couldn't exactly pinpoint it but it was there.
Or maybe it was something about his eyes. They were brutally honest but soft at the same time. You knew what he had been through. You couldn't possibly imagine what must have felt like... Twelve years locked away and treated like a criminal when he was completely innocent? No. You had absolutely no idea.
The only thing you knew was your poor excuse of a family. You were a pureblood. And you weren't a Slytherin, unlike your parents' wishes. You were friends with Charlie and the Weasley twins and your best friend was a muggle-born. Something that made your parents disgusted. You never shared their pureblood-mania. Once you were able to think for yourself, you knew that they were the real monsters. Death Eaters and too proud about that very fact. You ran away when you were fourteen. Your best friend's parents took you in and loved you as their own. But your parents never really left you alone, even after they disowned you. You knew that they and his minions and were spreading death. Behind every attack, you always pictured them. They were hunting your dream turning them into nightmares leaving you restless. Even if you had felt the crutiatus curse too many times, you could understand that Azkaban was way worse. And for that, he had earned your respect since the moment you learned the truth.
You caught him looking at you and even when you looked back he didn't remove his gaze. On the contrary, he sent a small smile.
Wonderful. This would be interesting.