Chapter 2

The next day, we headed into town to buy some supplies and food for the next few weeks as we started to move to the next safe house. I stayed silent for most of the walk. Janett must have noticed because she gently touched my shoulder. "Hey, you okay?" she wore a worried expression. I nodded my head in reply. I was thinking of my father again. I tried to shake the memory of him out of my mind.

Jannets POV

Ugh. Why couldn't we stay in one place for at least a week? I silently groaned to myself. Angie kept silent and her head down. I knew something was wrong. I touched her shoulder. "Hey, you okay?" She nodded. I smiled back. A fake one. I couldn't smile a real smile as long as I knew that something was wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Angies POV

I slid the door open of the new safe house. I knew Janett hated moving so often, but with the police around, we couldn't be so sure. We unpacked our supplies and set up our own spots. Janett's was nice and clean and neat, already making herself at home.

My area was messy, but at least it was comfortable. Victo- Tori, had put her stuff by the pile of moving boxes in the living room. I glanced at her and sighed. "Come on Tori! Come over here near us!" She shook her head. Janett yelled out, "NO! She stays there."

Tori nodded and rested her head against the crate. She was a difficult one. I clapped my hands and said," Why don't we go get something to eat?"

"Sure!" Janett said as she springs up from laying down.

"Victoria?" I ask, looking in her direction.

"Tori." she reminds me.

"I'm sorry. Tori, would you like to go get something to eat?"

She shrugged. "Sure." she said.

So, with food in our mind, we headed off.