XXI

I was finally on the plane. It took about 25 years to get a ticket this soon and make sure I was ok to go but it will be worth it. Buckling on my seatbelt, I lay back; closed my eyes and that's when it hit me. I'd just bought a one way ticket... meaning I'm not sure when or if I'm coming back home. Wow. I felt a pain in my chest, so many emotions running through my veins at once... nervousness... sadness... happiness... all rolled into one... "Excuse me love are you ok?" I looked up to see a quite concerned looking air hostess leaning over me. I hadn't noticed the tears running down my cheeks until she offered me a tissue. Nodding I flashed a small smile at her. Just as I began to fall asleep, I felt a slight nudge on my arm. "Hi sweetheart! I just got word from one of my colleagues that you've not had a good day so far and that you needed cheering up. I was also told there is a few spare seats in first class if you would like to move?" An instant wave of happiness rushed over me and I accepted it gratefully.
            "TIME FOR A HOLIDAY!" I shouted as I walked out of the airport, my suitcase wheeled along behind me in one and and in the other my camera held up as I recorded myself. "or maybe more of a prolonged period of time in another country." I added. The warm, soft air hit my face. "Time to start over again." I whispered to myself.

It was nice to be back in the states. In fact, it was nice to be anywhere that wasn't home. Too much drama for me to even be able to function properly. Strolling along the path towards the vans shop, a beautiful diamond bracelet caught my eye by surprise causing me to stop dead in my tracks. Due to my unexpected halt, I collided head on with someone. "Omg! I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have stopped that quickly are you ok?" I held my hand out to the curly headed boy to assist him in getting back up off of the floor. "Deanna... is... is that you?" My eyes instantly became fixed onto him. There he sat on the floor, awkwardly smiling at me. Wow I can't believe it. "Hello love. I've missed you!" Once I'd come around my state of shock, I jumped on top of him, engulfing him in my arms. Realising that we were in public, I removed myself from his lap and stood up, pulling him with me. "What are you doing here?" I asked, playfully pushing him as we walked along the street. He laughed and shrugged his shoulders. "Little holiday I guess. What about you?" He replied with another question. Well he doesn't know the real reason obviously... "Same I guess. I was going to bunk in the beach house but I'm assuming that's your current form of accommodation." We stopped outside of a Starbucks, clearly indicating that this was where he wanted to be before he bumped into me. "Nah that's all yours love. We'll catch up again soon while you're here yeah?" I nodded and waved bye.
             I could only take three steps before I spun on my heels, ran back towards him and grabbed his wrist. "Hey fancy popping round for a bit? We could have a BBQ and go to the beach like we did when we were younger?" His cheeky little grip spread like wildfire across his face. "Let's do it." We walked along further, when I placed my hand in his. "Thanks for this.. Bradley."

"Wait so you're telling me you not only kissed reece on NYE, you also kissed your best friend aND YOUR BROTHER just so they wouldn't suspect anything was going on between you two." I nodded putting my face into the palms of my hands, throwing myself back onto the bed. "The worst thing about it was a fan saw us there and took a photo of us and posted it on twitter. TWITTER IM SICK OF THAT BLOODY APP!" He lay down besides me, turning my body on my side so i was forced to face him. "Get rid of them then." I looked at the boy in confusion, analysing his very serious facial expressions. "Delete Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter... delete them all. If it's getting you this worked up just disappear for a while. I promise you it'll do you good."
Opening my phone, I held down the all icon for the first social media. One by one they were all gone. For a couple of seconds, my thumb hovered over the phone button. But was that too much? I did say I wanted a break but maybe this was too much. "What you thinking about?" He asked, shuffling closer to me. I missed this. Just us. Destined to be best friends from the start. "This sounds completely pathetic but I was about to delete their numbers... just for a week or so at least so I can relax without them hounding at me to come home... actually you know what." And with that it was done.

George Smith... BLOCKED
Blake Richardson... BLOCKED
Reece Bibby... BLOCKED

"Let's go to the beach!"