Epilogue Pt 2: Portraits

AJ

The doors opened loudly. I walked in and sat at the table. Guards stood to the side snatching people into the room. My eyes darted towards the door as they brought her in.

"Fuck off,"She gritted.

Her long hair was now very short. She gained a few pounds, that looked perfect on her. She had a tattoo inked on her hands. It was very intricate. She looked at me and a dark smile grew on her face.

They strapped her into the seat in front of me. The guards said something about her being a flight risk before walking off. I just stared at her. Everything about her was different. Her eyes were darker. They hinted at nothing but pure evil.

"Samantha..."I whispered.

She pushed her hair to the side revealing the patch over her ear, "I can't hear out of this ear. You gon have to speak up."

"Samantha...How have you been? You look...different?"I asked.

She laughed, "AJ I'm doing great. How are you Mr. LSU's MVP?"

"Good, but I didn't come here to talk about me. I want to know how you're holding up."

She scoffed, "AJ you left me in this hell hole 5 years ago. This place is my home-"

"This is not your home Sam. You know that. You didn't kill him."

"I didn't?" She questioned, "If you knew that, then why am I sitting here?"

"I tried my bes-"

"Bullshit,"She gritted. "You traded me in for your husband AJ. You never liked me. You never wanted me."

"Samantha I didn't say that."

"It's okay. You got what's coming to you AJ. Trust me it's not pretty at all."

"What does tha-"

"Kiss my baby goodnight for me,"She smiled deviously. "Reynolds! Come get me outta this shit."

The officer came over and pulled her out of the room. I sat there and stared at the empty seat in front of me. She scared me.

This wasn't the same Samantha I know. This was someone different. This was something different. This was...

SAM

"Somebody finally came to visit yo ugly ass,"Ella mumbled.

She put some salt and pepper on her food. I laughed and did the same. She had her legs crossed while she dipped her fork into her food.

"It was AJ..."

"I know you fucking lying!"She shouted.

"Shut the fuck up!"The officer outside our door said.

She rolled her eyes and continued to eat.

"Nick still gon handle that?"She asked.

"You know Nick got me."

AJ

I pulled into the gate at my apartment. The parking lot was packed with police officers, police dogs, and even the swat team.

"Excuse me what's wrong?"I asked.

The officer motioned towards my apartment building. I got out my car and ran to it. I saw the body bag already lying on the ground. Moe was holding my baby girl.

"Fuck is going on?"I asked.

Moe pointed at the wall. I looked at the painting on the side of the building. It was a picture of Sam and I with the rest of our crew. Each face had a day above it. Jaya's, Brian's, and Sam's face had a giant X over it.

Jaya's day read 1-17-19. I remember that day like yesterday. She was in a horrific car accident. A drunk driver hit her head on. She was thrown out of the car and her neck snapped.

Brian's day read 2-17-19. I looked at the body bag. It was him. Tears streamed down my eyes as I ran to him trying to unzip the cover. Moe pulled me back and held me.

I turned my head back to the picture and saw a date above my head. It read 3-17-19.

In big bold letters it said,

Graffiti is art, and this is our portrait.