IX

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians or The Heroes of Olympus. Uncle Rick does.

"Twins? I'm having Twins?" Minerva had never had any children before, and now she was having twins! She was completely disoriented from all the events that transpired in such a short amount of time. Being partially or totally unconscious for a great part of it didn't help either.

None of that mattered to her though, as she looked down at her belly with a smile that reached both eyes. Edward thought for a little longer. "Yes, Lady Minerva, you are having twins. They are monozygotic so-"

"So they'll likely be identical twins, but there's always a chance that they won't. I know Edward, you needn't explain to me how a pregnancy works, I'm not trying to brag, but I am the goddess of wisdom after all." Edward only nodded his head in response. Tyson noticed Edward had a habit of doing that.

"Well then, in to the next order of business, Tyson. You know what your brother would ask if you, so what is your decision, will you stay and help raise Perseus' and Minerva's children, or will you return to the outside world?"

"You know, it's not fair that my brother already know what I will say, but yes, I accept." Tyson found the nearest place he could sit, without breaking it, and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

All that he was instructed to do was take some stupid fruit in his hands, nothing more. How all this suddenly turned into a massive fiasco made Tyson's head feel like it was spinning in circles.

Edward sighed, even though Perseus might know that Tyson would say yes, Edward himself did not. He just assumed he would, otherwise why would have Perseus picked Tyson. "That's good to hear. I will contact some people and get your wife on the island. We'll also contact your son, and explain whatever is required for him to understand the situation."

Edward turned back to face Minerva after he was done addressing Tyson. "Here, I will leave this communication crystal with you. You may not yet know how to use these, but if you simply touch it and think of me, I'll know." He placed a white translucent crystal in Minerva's nightstand.

"Due to the secrecy of your pregnancy, I will be your personal physician, but I am also the current elder of Minersa, and have governing duties to attend to. However, if at any time there are any complications, please, just contact me with this crystal and I will be here as soon as possible," after speaking, Edward waited a moment to see if either god had any other questions. Seeing neither had any questions, at least none that they chose to voice, Edward stood up from kneeling next to Minerva's bed and dusted himself of.

"Well then, I will be on my way back to Sotiría, if you become hungry, the kitchen is well stocked with food and so is the cellar. If for some reason you have need to purchase anything, there is also an allowance in the study, it is quite generous and will be replenished often. I will also be leaving guards to patrol the residence. I know that they are not necessary, but their mostly for appearance. One last thing, no one besides the villa's guards and servants will know of your godhood. For the sake of the general populous, I'd ask that it please stay that way."

Both gods agreed to keep their powers hidden, not that either saw a need to use them. When Edward left the room Tyson went with him. "So why are the guards and servants necessary? If this is supposed to be Percy's utopia, why are people living as servants and why is there any need for defense?"

"This is due to our make up. Perseus used human DNA to make a hybrid of ancient nymphs and humans. This gave us free will, but as a consequence, we also adopted human emotions. I'd like to think that we are a more rational species, crime rate is extremely low, and we've yet to have any military conflict. Still, there are a few bad apples that fell far from the tree. Like I said, the guards are mostly her for appearance. Even our most greedy of citizens wouldn't dare face this many guards. As for the servants, it is their calling, which they have in a way decided on their own, and they are here to help Lady Minerva with any complications as well as make sure she's comfortable through the entirety of her stay here."