▪︎¤◇Chapter 2◇¤▪︎

RinShippingStories: I........wanted to give Len a mysterious name for his alter ego and thought of the name Mr King Key to relate the concept of chess pieces into the story.......but it ended up sounding like Mr Kinky.........

Rin stared at the yellow rose in her hand, early in the morning and a letter from 'Sir Midnight Key saying 'My dear little angel, things have suddenly become so harsh to you and you have been so hurt, but fear not, I will make sure you never feel any despair again'.

She had woke up with the sudden gift in her hand and asked the maids, only to be replied that they had not.

It was a very bright coloured rose that looked so familiar yet she couldn't think why, but she still placed it in a vase in her study garden and put the letter in her dresser drawer.

Len busily worked through his papers, the room loudly filled with the sound of scratching and scribbles as the butler watched from beside him. "My lord, do you perhaps know anything what happened to the nobleman from Pentaholigon?" He asked.

"I don't see this is any of your problem. He's merely a noble and unless he's part of the royal, I don't find any reason why I should worry." Len said, handing him the paper. "Give this to that Baron and let him know that I'll be willing to send the ships then."

"Yes, my lord." Butler said.

Len sat back with his face resting on his hands as he imagined her beautiful face that he had the chance to look very closely. She only belonged to him and only him. No one else could.

He took a stroll in the garden as he inspected the soldiers training in their quarters out of boredom. Entering the training ground, they all stopped and saluted in unison. "Good early afternoon, sir!"

"Yes, yes, good early afternoon. I see you are all training well. Good keep it up." Len said. "Remember not to lose your stance."

"Yes, sir!"

Rin sat outside in her garden as she read a book and the maids poured her cup of tea. "The sky is grey as always." She sighed, looking at the dark trees sway to the gentle fresh breeze.

The guards trained loudly in the background working hard in sweat. She watched as they trudged pass in their everyday jog. "They are working certainly hard this morning." She said.

"Yes, they do this everyday." Charlotte said.

It was in the late afternoon and Rin came back from her Horticultural Society Tea and the speech at the opening of the new school. "How was your day at the new opening of the school? Did ti go all?" The lord asked at the dinner table.

"Ah, yes, father. It all went very well and all the villagers came to join in the accommodation." Rin said.

After eating her dinner, she removed her gloves and hat as she entered her room, lightly sighing. The maids placed her suitcase and books by her desk and began to busily remove her dress and change her into her silk bathrobe. "Miss, your milk bath is ready." A maid said.

Rin entered the bathroom filled with the scent of sweet lavender and elderflower oil and took her robe off before gently getting into the cat foot bathtub, relaxed. Although Rin was a very busy young girl on her way to receive her diploma, as a lady, she made sure to take care of her body and beauty, and loved to especially use flowers, herbs and fruit in her skincare.