Chapter 0: Home

Xe crouched, tail swishing silently. Xe was a fierce hunter, eyes on her prey. Xer wings were tucked tightly to see torso, eyes gleaming with malice and bloodlust. Xe counted to 5 once xer prey was close, then pou

A startled feminine cry sounded, hands flying from a pencil and paper to a form that had just jumped above long blond hair pulled back in a ponytail. The figure was giggling madly in the grip of the hands, and was comparable to a big kitten or a small cat. Mischief and childish joy shining in her eyes. A soft chuckle is heard from the kitchen. The woman sighed, "Zerene, I'm busy, why not go bother your father..." The figure managed to squirm out of the woman's grip and hopped onto the table, marching around on its four paws proudly. It then crouched and leapt off the table, opening its wings to land softly.

It dashed to the kitchen, and shifts into a human form between the rooms. She hops onto her dads back, clinging like a monkey. She's laughing and her father, while stumbling slightly, laughs too. He's cooking some eggs and French toast and whatnot. She has a childish girly voice, and is grinning happily. "Hey dad, try not to burn them this time, ok?" Her father laughs "When have I burned our food before?" She clings more, grinning "Well, try not to burn mom's food at least?" This brings a fit of giggles from her, and a soft chuckle from him.

She then hops off as her dad puts some of the food on a plate and hands it to her. She goes and sits at the table, and happily starts eating. Her dad takes a plate of food to her mom, she heard them talking about something. Her ears weren’t sharp enough to understand, but they both sounded worried. She knew she couldn't do anything about it, so she kept eating and then put her dishes in the sink before going upstairs to her room. She played happily with her toys and games on her own until she heard a tap at the window.