“We aren’t far enough from Blue Bloods. If they get smart, they’ll come after us. We should be safe as soon as we reach the border of the state,” Robert added.

“I like it here,” Abigail said, mainly focusing her glare on Chris and Robert. I was usually easier to convince, and she was very persuasive.

I had a group of Rogues waiting for me in the bordering town. When Abigail decided she wanted to chase after the rain, we’d split. It seemed like the Wolves were growing restless.

The attack against New Elite and Blue Bloods has been unplanned. I simply wanted to check in on my parents. Things had taken a turn for the worse when I appeared with Rogues and they assumed we were attacking. A fight had broken out. While Abigail enjoyed the blood that had been spilled, guilt had started to form in the pit of my stomach. It felt like I’d killed family. New Elite had been my pack years back, when I still hadn’t shifted into my Wolf. I had seen dark days in that pack, but that didn’t mean I didn’t care about them. It was simply painful to think about.

“We’re leaving. I don’t want to be near this land,” I said, my voice sounding stern.

It was true, though. I couldn’t bear the thought of my former pack—what they must’ve been thinking about me. We’d accidentally had to take a hostage, and it was making things worse for me. I leaned on Abigail, urging her to understand why I desperately wanted to leave. I wanted to make her happy, but I had other Wolves to think about. My own Wolf was giving me hell for what had just taken place.

Abigail was not happy with my decision. She complained the entire time it took us to join the rest of the Rogues. After the stunt we pulled of attacking New Elite and Blue Bloods—a lot of them were on edge.

While only a few of us ran through the packs, I’d had many of them flanking us just outside pack territory. It was a risky mess, but it hadn’t been my idea. Pleasing Abigail had left us a few Wolves short, and I had Rogues to appease.

The Present….

Savannah Collins

“The boss wants to see you,” one of the men spoke up. He was looking at Liam with a mocking expression and a smirk on his lips.

I couldn’t believe that they were showing their guns in the middle of the store. They were doing it to scare us—I had no doubt of that. But there were people around.

“Not here and not now,” Liam said, placing his arm over my stomach and softly pushing me behind him.

“We can take care of your girlfriend,” one of them said, his eyes skimming down my body.

Wrong—it was so wrong. I should have been worried at the look all those guys were giving Liam and me. I should’ve been scared of their guns. Instead, my heart began beating rapidly because that guy had called me Liam’s girlfriend.

I was pathetic.

“I don’t think so. I was looking for your boss. If he wants to set up a meeting, give me a date and time. Other than that, I have nothing to discuss with—his people,” Liam said, not lowering his guard. If anything, he was looking at the guys with distaste.

“You don’t make the rules, boy,” one said.

“Go pay for the food. Wait for me out front, but don’t leave the store,” Liam said, turning to me and giving them his back. I didn’t think that was a wise decision, but I was happy that they didn’t try anything.