Harry was stunned into silence. The pile of presents wasn't just weasel; he could spy a present from Neville and cards from Dean and Seamus. They were only kids, he'd never expected anything big from anyone, but clearly, he'd received more than Ronald had determined he would.

This time round he hadn't told Ron about his family. Dumbledore must've seen it best to tell him about them. But the fact he immediately assumed, as did his mother, that he wouldn't have anything and that he had no friends, hurt. Slightly. Not that much actually. He didn't care what they thought but he didn't want or need their pity presents.

Dean and Seamus had given him charmed cards. He knew the craftsmanship was probably Dean's. He was good at art and the cards were in a similar style. It wasn't too advanced, but the words Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays danced around the covers of each of the cards respectively. He placed them on his desk. He had gotten Dean a set of watercolours and Seamus the "Big Book of Booms", a book of explosions that made history. Even Harry had found himself interested in them.

Neville's present came with a card from his grandmother who thanked Harry for the kindness, friendship and help he had shown her grandson this year as well as one from Neville himself, stating pretty much the same. She had done most of his present it seemed as it was an album depicting images of his and Neville's parents together both in and out of Hogwarts and in and out of the war. It ended quicker than he had expected it to for obvious reasons. Harry decided the empty pages were for him to fill, and he would try his best to live long enough to do so. He'd bought Neville a wand holder to prevent him from losing his wand quite so much. Now it would always be up his sleeve.

He hadn't gotten anything for Ron. And why should I? We aren't friends no matter what he thinks, we've barely even spoken this year.

It was now that Harry got to the gifts he had been dreading opening the most. He pulled out a tatty sweater with H knitted onto the front. He remembered how itchy it was and how he had only really worn it to be nice to the Weasleys. Holding it, he suddenly felt the urge to stop his plans with Hermione and go over and sit with Ron for the rest of the morning. He cast a detector spell over the sweater to see it practically marinated in several loyalty and friendship potions. He threw it to the side without going unnoticed by Ron.

"You ungrateful git!" he screeched, "I went out of my way to tell Mum to get you something and you just throw it away." He continued on for a minute or so until Harry gave him the mince pies as an "apology" coming up with some story about being allergic to something in the fabric. It was a badly told lie but with the added mince pies Ron was happy with it and accepted Harry's completely genuine apology. He had noticed that the pies also contained potions and noticed Ron chowing down on them wondering if he was on some kind of neutraliser potions. If he isn't the outcome would be disastrous for him, Harry thought bemused. The ruckus had caused Neville to wake up and stretch before delving into his own slightly smaller pile of presents.

"Thanks for the wand holder, Harry," he said with a smile.

—————

Harry headed to the bathroom, got dressed and headed downstairs for breakfast. Neville had wanted to get right on with writing thank you letters to everyone. He wouldn't have been surprised if that was an ingrained rule set by his grandmother. As he entered the Great Hall, Fred and George were acting as they had done the first time. Considering Harry hadn't found any faults with them, and Hermione hadn't pointed anything out, he was fine sitting and talking idly with them. Most of Christmas morning continued with Harry spending time with the twins, time spent with them teaching him tricks and he surprising them by doing the same back. After lunch, Harry and Neville had gone outside and started a snowball fight with some of the other students who had stayed for the holidays, before spending the rest of the day lazing around the Gryffindor Common Room.