Chapter 17

Cindy is looking out her bedroom window. She sighed. 'Why am I so weak? I always get saved by Mermaid and Twinkle. I'm a black belt in karate and.. I just taught them that but they ended up better than me. Betty is beautiful,  famous, a great model and singer and every boy loves her, Jessie is kind,  graceful,  talented, smart. Me,  what can I do? ' She thought. 'What do I have that only I have? ' She asked herself in her head while propping her right elbow on the window sill gazing at the twinkling stars.

"Princess of the twinkling Stars! cure Twinkle!" Cindy heard betty say. She sighed one more forcing a small tsmile that quickly faded.

"She had it all,  everything that I ever wanted... Including the stars" She said to herself then walked inside her room and closed the windows.

..........................

*BRIIIIINGGGG!!! 

The dismissal bell rung as everyone left the school.  'What kind of warrior am I? Why am I even one? Do I really deserve this? ' Cindy thought as she walked towards the school's front lawn. Libby is absent because she got fever. Jessie has an important meeting since she's the new student council president. Jimmy had left the room with Carl and Sheen, He just told Cindy that he'll wait outside for her since she's the cleaner. She then stopped as she saw Betty and Jimmy conversing. She first hid behind a tree and started listening.

"I know,  its kind of weird leaving the town but I get to experience a lot of things I enjoy" Betty said with a small laugh.

"But is it really worth it that you got held back?" Jimmy asked.

"Yeah of course,  I don't regret it. I mean,  I had fun" Betty responded while pulling her backpack's strap. "But I missed retroville,  I mean come on.. There are no flying machines everywhere there aside from the basic airplanes" Betty said with a laugh and Jimmy joined as well.

"I guess"  He said

From behind the tree Cindy 'I guess I'll never be someone special' She thought as she walked out of the tree putting on her mask. 

"Hey Jimmy,  Betty" Cindy said then she looked side to side "Where's Carl and Sheen? " She asked

"Oh they can't miss their favorite shows so they decided to leave" Jimmy said

"My mom texted me and she told me I need to be home this minute because they have a surprise for me" Betty said smiling wildly

"Wow really?,  go now you don't want to miss it" Cindy said with a small smile "See you tomorrow"

"Yeah,  but don't forget to tell us all about it tomorrow" Jimmy said and Betty nods her head and run off and rode her car. Her driver is waiting for her. Then it went away.

"What was that about? " Jimmy asked Cindy and Cindy looked at him confused

"Huh?" Cindy asked

"Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. That sarcasm in your voice. Be thankful Betty didn't hear it" Jimmy scolded

"Look I'm too stressed right now,  so can we please just drop that? " Cindy complained

"Jealous? " Jimmy asked crossing his arms

"What do you mean? " Cindy asked

"I can tell you are jealous of her because she has it all" Jimmy said and Cindy squinted her eyes at him.

'Oh yeah, I'm jealous alright!  Yes,  I already know she has everything! You don't have to keep rubbing it in my face!' Is what she wanted to yell but can't and she just remained silent.

"What? Its true right? " Jimmy said

"Why are you being like that?!  Didn't I already tell you that I'm stressed?! I have so much in my mind right now Neutron! If you want to get in my nerves now's not the right time!" Cindy yelled out loud then run away real fast, tears are threatening to fall.

"Cindy! " Jimmy yelled out loud but couldn't move. 'Idiot Genius!' He thought. "That doesn't even make sense" He added out loud to himself,
Then started running to catch up with the blonde.

........................

While Cindy is running away a really strong earthquake occured makking her fall on her knees. She quickly wiped her tears away and widened her eyes when she saw a

"Despair!!! " Yelled the eyeglass dyspairville.

"Cindy! " Jimmy yelled as he caught up. He then helped her up. Cindy looked at him then nod her head and brought out her transformation item.

"Pretty Cure! Princess Engage!! " She yelled and put the key in the perfume and twist it but nothing happened. "What the? " She asked curious. "Princess Engage!! " She yelled again but nothing happened. She untwist the key "Princess Engage!! " She yelled again while shaking as she twist the key.  She then repeatedly do the process.  Jimmy just looked at her. "I-I-I can't transform" Cindy said her eyes in worry and confusion then Jimmy hugged her.

"Its okay,  don't give up.  Try again" Jimmy said then Cindy nods her head.

"Pretty Cure! Princess Engage!! " She yelled "Pretty Cure! PRINCESSS ENGAGE!!!" Her last word echoed and the dress up key glows but instead of a positive outcome. Cindy gasped as it exploded. She let the Princess Perfume fell on the ground and kneeel down.

"Cindy! " Jimmy said as he kneeled down beside the girl who is trying her best not to sob. "I am the Warrior of strenght but... I do not do my job properly. I just look like a pathetic warrior" She then started crying

"Cindy,  now's not the right time for that. Let's go!" Jimmy yelled as he hold Cindy's waist to help her up but as he did Cindy pushed him away.

"WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU VORTEX?! I'M JUST TRYING TO HELP!" Jimmy yelled loosing his temper.

"What?!  You're just running away now?! Who are you?! Ever since we became Prettty Cures. All you do is watch! Have you lost your genius?! Instead of helping me! How about mind your own problem?! Its all science anyway! You can go and defeat that monster!" Cindy yelled while sobbing and forcefully wiped her eyes with her right sleeve. Jimmy looked down as her words sink in. 'Have I become useless? ' He thought.
"You're always there to save the town Neutron!  Want to know my answer to your question?!  Yes! I am INDEED
JEALOUS of Betty!  Because without much effort she had all people's love, care and affection! She's just so perfect! I envy you because you can do almost everything and can solve any dang problem! Yet here I am always SECOND to Everything!" She let out. Jimmy remain silent as one tear fell on his eye.

"Can't you see?! No one cares about me! I can't ever be someone special! I can never do anything beyond average! I am nothing!  I am useless! " She yelled really loud that it made the monster freeze. Everywhere is empty though.

"No,  no don't say that" Jimmy said walking closer but Cindy took a step back.

"Its TRUE!! The dress up key even gave up on me! Let's face it Neutron,  all everyone think is I'm just a Blonde Smart Bully! I'm UGLY inside and out! No one will ever want to go near me! No one will ever like me! EVERYONE HATES ME!! " Cindy hollered through a blast. She then looked on the ground as more tears fell.  "I am not Good enough,  I am not bright enough,  I am not enough,  everything I do isn't just enough" She said while shaking. Then she glowed black, actually only the dysdark can see how much despair Cindy is feeling.

"That's right despair! " Shut said with an evil smirk.

"Cindy,  don't you ever say that! " Jimmy scolded as tears fell from his eyes staining his cheeks. It hurts hearing her beat herself up.

"I can't become a Pretty Cure anymore because I can't do anything! I am NOTHING!!!! " She yelled and run away once again. Jimmy look at Cindy then at the Dyspairville and narrowed his eyes.  'Cindy needs space,  she's right I should do something other than living it all up to the super heroes. I am Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius After all and this little guy will be easy to defeat' He thought trying to prevent himself from sobbing.