One

FIVE YEARS BEFORE:

Sarah's POV:

I was stuck at my dance lesson. With no one to talk to. Why did I always pitch up early? I have no idea actually it's not like I have anyone to talk to until my best friends Altay and Syan get here.

Just as I thought that, I spotted my two best friends come walking up happily, laughing at something a strange figure I didn't recognize had said. I frowned. I don't recognize this person.

"Sarah!!" My crazy best and only girlfriend Syan screamed and ran up to me to give me a massive hug.

"Hey Sarah, I have someone you must meet, this is my best friend Elliot, Elliot this is Sarah," my best guy friend Altay smiled and gestured towards Elliot.

Elliot was tall.. Like 6.4 feet tall. He had a well toned body and a gorgeous smile. His ran his fingers through his sandy brown hair and smiled at me,

"Hey nice to finally meet you," he said offering his hand for a handshake.

I laughed, "Bitch please I don't do fucking handshakes come here," I hugged him.

Well.. There goes my goddamn mouth again just saying the first thing I thought of.

He laughed an hugged me back. I hid back a blush as I pulled out of the hug and let my hair fall into my face.

"Come on through please," said our dancing instructor Tim. Everyone had arrived now and we all filled through to the hall to begin our lesson.

As Tim made us all partner up with people I couldn't help gaze at Elliot. He seemed so awkward, but adorable and he had this interesting feel about him. I was curious to see what he'd be like if I got him to open up to me.

The dance lesson was over, I was standing on the opposite side of the hall staring at Elliot now and then. He was talking to Altay's older brother Evren. I decided that I had to talk to him.. I just had to stop being such a pussy ask for his number or BBM pin.

I took a deep breath, tossed my long dark brown hair over my shoulder, put on my most attractive smile I could manage and walked up to Elliot.

"Hey there new guy," I said flirtatiously,

"Hey.." Elliot smiled at me

"So.. I was wondering if you had bbm or whatsapp? You know, so I can contact you," the minute the words left my mouth I felt the need to tell a lie so I didn't sound so desperate or too interested.

"It's just this thing I do with all the new students that come here I mean, I a professional dancer and sometimes they want help with learning so I get their numbers.."

Well done Sarah great half lie. I was a professional dancer. But I never got the new students numbers.

"Uh.. Sure yeah I have whatsapp and BBM so hand my your phone and I'll give it to you," he smiled at me again with a slightly suspicious look in his eyes.

I handed him my phone and we swapped numbers.

"Awesome thanks.. Uh Elliot right?" I smiled cheekily at him and he laughed,

"Yup that's me,"

"Okay.. Well I gotta go but it was nice meeting you," I said and gave him a hug goodbye.

Before he could say goodbye I pulled out of the hug and half ran out of the hall to fetch my Penny Board so I could skate home.

Oh my god! Sarah.. This could be the start of something great.. I can just feel it!

TWO DAYS LATER:

I was lying on my bed in gym shorts and a crop top. My speakers were blasting The 1975's song Girls. I was texting Elliot on whatsapp, so far we had been getting along very well.

ELLIOT:

So what you doing?

ME:

Not much just listening to music.. And talking to you of course :P

ELLIOT:

Aw haha :P what you listening too?

ME:

The 1975. They're my favorite band ever! I'm really into alternative/rock/indie music

ELLIOT:

I've never heard of them xD maybe I'll check them out. Hey you wanna know who my biggest musical inspiration is?

ME:

Yeh sure

ELLIOT:

The Beautiful Mind. Jon Bellion.

ME:

I'll go look it up...

ELLIOT:

He's the most talented self produced music artist I've ever heard. Literally I am obsessed with how good his music is.

ME:

Okay listening to one of his songs now...

I opened YouTube on my phone which paused what I was listening too. I searched Jon Bellion and a couple song titles came up. I tapped on the song called the Wonder Years.

The music came out soft and beautiful too my ears. Jon's voice was amazing. The style of his music was literally like nothing I'd heard before.

Holyyyy shit! I think I'm in love!

I quickly started texting Elliot again.

ME:

OH MY GOD!

AHHH!!

This..

Is...

Amazingggg!!

Ashskdkdoahskaoakehsls!

ELLIOT:

You like it?! :D Yes! Finally someone else who likes Jon Bellion as much as I do!

ME:

Holy fucking crap his music is gorgeous! And his voice! :D

ELLIOT:

I know right :P you should download his albums, they are free on his website.

ME:

I'm going to do that right now

ELLIOT:

You should

Hey you know what..?

ME:

Yeh?

ELLIOT:

You're a lot cooler than I thought you'd be.. We should hang out sometime.. I look forward to next Wednesday when I can see you again ;)

At this point I was blushing and dancing around on my bed.

YES!!! I think he likes me back!!!

Looking back to these times I realized that it was Jon Bellion's music that brought me and Elliot together.. Now it's funny to think that Jon Bellion himself is the reason we're falling apart.