1983-xx-xx Unknown, UK

Interviewer: What did you think before joining the group?

Alan: Well Vince left, as you probably know, to join Yazoo. The band already had a lot of commitments at that point. There was already a tour in America planned, and everything, you know. I had to be drafted in a very short notice.

Interviewer: So how did you find him?

Martin: We advertised in a music paper.

Interviewer: In England?

Martin: In England, yeah.

...

Interviewer: Oh, who would have thought. Let's, ehm, can you tell me working with video, because nowadays everybody with a name uses video, how do you go about it?

Martin: Every single we make, we make a video for.

Interviewer: Why?

Martin: Why? Just to promote the single, really.

Alan: You have to because everybody else does it. And really, you can't get away with not doing video.

...

Mart Hides Behind Keyboard

Interviewer: Well do you feel about performing on stage? Because I know you like writing the songs, but you don't actually perform them, you give them to... Mark?

Martin: Dave.

Interviewer: Dave, right, Dave. Why?

Martin: Why?

Interviewer: Well why don't you actually get up to the front and perform the songs that you write?

Martin: I don't really see myself as a frontman, I think I'm a bit too shy for that sort of thing, you know? I'd rather just hide, you know, hide behind the keyboard or something.

Interviewer: So how is it all like, so how is it all like to be on a successful band and have world exposure and who comes on television shows like this, and ever bigger ones, and radio shows, if you feel quite shy about what you're doing?

Martin: Ehm...

Alan: Well it's all part of mastering something basically, isn't it? If we want to be successful we've got to do something to make it happen. It's not, I mean, I think we enjoy it, but, writing your songs in the studio is simply the most enjoyable part.