chapter sixteen

The sun had come up over Isla Nublar, but the destruction from last night still lingered in the minds of those affected.

Besides being bruised and scratched, Alison, Zach, and Gray suffered no major injuries from their day in Jurassic World.

The three kids sat in silence in the large room where hundreds of people were receiving medical attention. The attack of the Pterodactyls left many tourists severely injured. Some weren't even suffering with dinosaur related injuries. A few people here and there had heat stroke from being out in the sun all day.

Alison sat back to back with Zach, staring down at her scratched and dirty hands. She was picking the dirt out from under her fingernails, and rub off some of the dried mud.

"Boys, it's your parents. Come on." Claire broke the silence between the kids, standing up and pointing over to where Zach and Gray's mom and dad were, anxiously looking for their sons.

The family spotted each other, and reunited. "Are you okay? Oh my god." Karen Mitchell breathed out as she hugged her boys individually, squeezing them tighter than she ever has before.

"Are you okay?" The woman moved on to Claire, leaving Zach and Gray to hug their father.

"I'm so sorry." Claire mumbled as she hugged her sister. Alison knew Karen, but hardly ever saw her. She used to hang out with Claire and Alison's sister, Rachel.

The two sisters pulled apart, thankful to be in each other's presence. "You remember Alison, right. She's been living here and working at the park." Claire looked between Alison and Karen as they shook hands.

"Yes, I remember. It's been a while." Karen smiled softly before turning back to her sister. "I'm so glad you're okay." She said, putting a hand on Claire's arm before heading back to her sons.

"I'll be right back." Alison said to Claire, noticing that the two parents had now launched into conversation with Gray as he told them all about their stay.

The girl walked over to Zach, who was sitting back down and looking at the ground. He didn't want to hear his younger brother's story, after just living it all.

"Hey." Zach said softly, looking up at Alison once he noticed her.

"Walk with me?" She asked, holding out her hand. Zach nodded in response, before taking her hand and following her out of the large building. They walked past people who were dealing with many different injuries. Some where sleeping, others had parts of their limbs wrapped up in gauze.

Zach and Alison were hit with the bright sun as they walked outside, and it took their eyes a few moments to adjust to the change in lighting.

"How are you doing?" Zach asked, taking Alison's other hand and gently swung their arms back and forth as they faced each other.

"I'm okay. How are you?" A slight level of awkwardness was building up between the two.

"I'm good." Zach replied with a soft chuckle.

"Good." Alison mumbled, looking down at the ground between her and the brunette. "I need to tell you something." She blurted out, looking back up at him.

"Okay."

Alison let out a heavy breath, one that she didn't realize she was holding. "I can communicate with dinosaurs." She announced, squinting one eye slightly as the sun reached it. After only getting a puzzled expression in response, she kept talking. "When I was younger, I visited the lab with Claire and my older sister. I accidentally knocked some dinosaur DNA into my cup of water, and have been able to communicate with dinosaurs ever since. I only learned about this though when I started working here. That's why Mosy trusts me so much, and how she took the Indominous last night. I told her to." Alison explained, watching Zach's face the whole time to see his reaction.

"So you're, like, part dino?" He asked, a grin growing on his face.

"No, I don't think so. I just...say something to them and they understand. I spoke to those dinosaurs that were in the forest, when we were in the...the hamster ball." Zach smirked at Alison's use of his nickname for the Gyrospheres. "I told them to help us, and they did. In a way."

Zach nodded, his eyebrows slightly raised as pure fascination spread across his face. "That's pretty cool, Alison. I guess your ability saved our lives more than once." He said, grinning. Zach let go of Alison's hands, his own resting on her bruised waist.

"I guess it did." Alison grinned back at Zach while locking her hands behind his neck, just as he dipped his head down to connect his slightly chapped lips with hers. Their chests were pushed together, and in that brief moment, Alison felt as though their hearts were beating as one. She felt safe, among many other emotions. Exhausted, anxious, or scared weren't any of them.

Somewhere in the park, there was a Tyrannosaurus Rex roaming around, free of her paddock and the glass where hundreds of tourists would peer into every day. She climbed up onto the helipad of Jurassic World, and let out one long, high pitched, powerful roar.

The End

____________

That's it!! I worked so hard to finish this book because I was tired of having writer's block for it and have it just sit on my account, incomplete and collecting dust. I recently watched the movie again and got lots of inspiration/motivation to write. So now it's finished, and I hope you all enjoyed!!

 So now it's finished, and I hope you all enjoyed!!