More than Coincidence

Start from the beginning

"You've got to keep a low profile, Sam." She raised a brow. How was she supposed to do that?

"Keep a low profile? Are you insane!? They must have saw me, I was in the house!" She was scared about the motorcycles around her house. Of who was on the motorcycles. They must have something to do with it. They must be the ones terrorizing Mike.

"Calm down, Sammy. We'll work this out, and we'll keep you safe." Alan offered, putting a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"We will?" Edgar asked, and Alan rolled his eyes.

"We are awesome monster bashers; we know all of their weaknesses." Alan confirmed.

"We do?" Edgar asked again. He was bashed over the head with a comic.

"You're not helping."

"Where do we start?" Sam jumped in, laying out all of the Vampire comics she found.

They went over everything from the beginning. The trio looked at every tactical weakness; garlic, holy water, stakes, churches, running water, silver. You name it; and they talked about it. Now for Sam, a girl with needs of protection, was interested in how to spot a vampire. They could look like anyone on the boardwalk. Look for the sharp yellow teeth, the cunning eyes, the bad breath. They would have long fingernails and be as pale as a ghost. Vampires were cunning, sexy, and deceitful. The Frog Brothers talked about how they would need dim and dark places to hide from the sun and hold their coven of the undead. Sometimes they could control animals; bats and birds, and they told her all about the Hounds of Hell. It was on the tip of her tongue to bring up Thorn attacking her mom, but thought better of it. Max was on a date with Lucy when the strange things started happening around their home, and Thorn was probably just protecting the house while Max was away.

She told them all of the weird things happening to Michael, and they came to the conclusion that he was only a half vampire; that his mortal soul could still be saved. They let Sam know what would happen if he were to make a kill, and that if he did, there would be no saving him. He would have to be killed to protect the greater good.

"I'm not going to kill my brother." She spoke in a flat tone. Michael would live. There was no other option.

"Fine. If you don't, then we will." Edgar grunted, and Alan pulled him back.

"Ignore him. Keep a low profile, sleep with garlic, and never invite a vampire into your house. Got it?" Edgar and Alan were looking at her, and she nodded without hesitation. She wouldn't take any risks.

  ____________________________

It was about that time that Lucy had finished up with checking in at work, and she made her way to Santa Carla Comics. She looked with curiosity at all of the books. Neither of her children had taken a great interest in comics, and with the stale atmosphere, she was almost relieved. She spotted Sammy by the registers, and made her way over with a small smile.

"All done, sweetheart?" She chimed, and the three jumped up, turning to face her. Lucy took note of the boys and of the silly way they looked. The dressed like they were straight out of a comic book!

"Yeah, all done." Sam turned, linking her arm with her moms. "Mom, I'd like to introduce you to my friends Edgar and Alan." She nodded in their direction, and they both grunted a response back. They waved their goodbyes and headed back towards the car. It was getting late. They needed to get home, and Sam looked off to west, the sun setting over the water.

"Did you get a hold of Max?" Sam asked, trying to distract herself and casting a side glance to her mom.

"No, but I left him a message and put a note on his desk." She smiled. "You know, I've been a busy bee ever since we got into town. How about the two of us grab dinner?" Sam's head was spinning at her words. They had to get home, and fast! She didn't want a frightful interaction with the undead!