Chapter 33: Everything's Better When You're Drunk!

Start from the beginning

"Well, you're a really good artist." She quickly recovered, adding a sweet smile at the end.

"How have you been?" I asked "You know, with the whole vampire thing."

"It's been hard... I mean, Stefan's helping me through it." She had a weak smile at the end.

"You and Stefan are still together?"

"Yes, what makes you think I wouldn't be?"

"Well you know, with the whole Damon thing...?" I frowned slightly because I swear Caroline told me the other day that Elena was having problems with Stefan because she kissed Damon.

"I knew it... The little copycat." She muttered to herself, pulling out her phone and pressing some buttons. I was so confused right now.

"What?"

"I told Stefan she was no good." She smirked to herself and that's when it clicked. It wasn't Elena in front of me, it was Katherine.

"What the hell are you doing here Katherine?" I hissed, feeling nothing but hate towards her. It was her fault that I was alive and a vampire.

"Oh, nothing much... Just investigating my doppelgängers life. I hear you've had some of that too," She tilted her head to the side "How is Valentina?"

"You know her?" I asked, gritting my teeth. I was angry at myself at how easily I was fooled to thinking she was Elena.

"Obviously, how do you think she turned out way the is?"

Of course, Katherine's influence.

"Why cant you just go away and leave us alone?"

"Whats the fun in that?" She flipped her hair over her shoulder on one side and leaned in closer "I want to cause trouble."

I glared at her as she disappeared. My gaze remained in the place that she stood in for a few moments before I let out a loud growl of annoyance.

It seemed my bad day could get worse.

I looked back to my picture and in my frustration, grabbed the nearest bottle of paint I could get and squirted it all over my picture, imagining it was Katherine's stupid face.

Black paint splashed over the canvas and once I was done with that bottle I grabbed another, letting red trash the picture.

All this time I was growling in frustration. After four more bottles of different coloured paint I was finished and had officially ruined my canvas.

I roughly sat myself down ground and buried my face into my hands.

See, all of this would have been so much easier of my emotions off. I would have had the confident to sass Katherine back but oh no, my weak little ass had to get nervous.

I felt wetness on my hand and I didn't actually realize that I was crying. Wow, that's how weak I am.

I literally felt so down. Usually when I felt this, I would listen to Fall Out Boy or talk to Kol when we were together... But thinking about doing that just makes me feel awkward.

All this time and I haven't told him how I actually felt. That was another thing that was bringing me down, I was keeping him in the dark when I really should tell him.

I think I ended up sitting by the side of the road for at least an hour before I had the sense to pack up my things, go home and cry there.

The paint on the canvas had mostly dried but I didn't care if I got it on me.

I decided to walk home at human speed instead of vamp speed. I didn't really want to go home because Caroline was there and she'll most likely want to know whats wrong.