Stupid Sunday

STUPID SUNDAY

A Daria Fan Fiction Story

by

Peter W. Guerin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

With apologies to Glenn Eichler, Susie Lewis and Ed Herrmann.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S DISCLAIMER

None of this ever happened. This story is entirely a work of fiction. As for continuity, this takes place after "Strange Reunions".

All Daria characters are (c) 1993, 1997, 1999 MTV Networks, Inc. 

All Rights Reserved.All Kung Fu and Kung Fu: The Legend Continues characters are (c) 1972,1993, 1999 Warner Bros. Studios, a Time Warner Entertainment Company. All Rights Reserved.

"Aunt Jemimah" and "Crunch Berries" are registered trademarks of the Quaker Oats Company.

"Yahtzee" is a registered trademark of the Milton Bradley Company.

"Lipton" and "Lipton Brisk Iced Tea" are registered trademarks of the Thomas J. Lipton Tea Company.

"Goodyear" is a registered trademark of the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE

Footnotes are in brackets in this plain text document and are at the end of this story for your convenience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACT I--125, CHICAGO BULLS--105 

(I really shouldn't be doing this, since I'm pissed at the NBA for the damn lockout!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

("You're Standing on My Neck" by Splendora begins to play. We see Daria at a movie theater; she's not laughing along with the rest of the crowd. At gym class, Daria lets the volleyball get past her, causing Stacy and Tiffany to flash hostile looks at her. In the hallway, Kevin and Brittany are blocking Daria's locker. Daria gets a whistle out, and blows on it, causing Kevin to think it's time for football practice. He and Brittany clear out, and Daria goes to her locker. At a football game, Daria is the only one not cheering. At gym class again, Daria lets the volleyball getpast her again, causing Stacy and Tiffany to flash hostile looks at her again. At a wedding, the bride files past the Morgendorffers. Pan to the left to see Jake, Quinn and Helen crying, while we zoom in on Daria, who calmly picks up a paper that had the headline "MAYOR INDICTED" on the front page and begins to read it. Finally, at gym class again, Stacy and Tiffany collide trying to get the volleyball and fall to the floor unconscious while it goes past Daria again. Close-up of Daria smiling, which then zooms up and over to form the Daria logo, below which is the caption: "in: Stupid Sunday".)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scene 1: The teacher's lounge at Lawndale High School. About 3:15 PM Friday.