-

2006

"Mi, do you want to go out tonight?"

Alex's cheery voice echoed through the walls of the flat. Miles was chuckling from the other from. Peeking his head through the door, he saw the small Alex perched on the kitchen countertop.

"We went out last night, Al." The taller of them walked to the counter, leaning on the counter, with his hands supporting him, either side of Alex.

Alex looked down at Miles through his luscious eyelashes. "Well, I want to go out again. Too much to ask?"

Miles' heart fluttered every time Alex tried to flirt with him. They weren't an item. Yet. At least Miles hoped they would be. They hugged, they held hands, they slept in the same bed, they even kissed. They did what couples did. Apart from one thing.

Miles took a moment to ruffle Alex's curly hair, before planting a kiss in the small dimple of his mouth. "Alright. Just a drink, yeah?"

"Thought we could go to a club."

"The pub we went to last night was basically a club, Aly." Miles rolled his eyes, smirking at the boy before him. "At least have a shower."

"I love you, Mi." Alex's lips scraped Miles' creased forehead and golden brown hair which had been lightened from the sunshine.

Miles knew Alex didn't mean it in the way he did. What Alex meant was, 'I love you, but not enough to shag you'. That was always obvious with Alex.

Their pointless kisses were just that. Pointless.

"Stop snogging me and get in the tub." Miles sighed, pulling Alex off the counter.

"At least get in with me then."

A warm pink mounted to Miles' cheeks and mantled his brow. He'd seen Alex naked. Not exactly, but almost. He wasn't ready to be properly naked with Alexander. Not until he was certain he'd be seeing Alex naked more times than not.

"You first, Al. Gorn."

Alex sighed and headed to the bathroom. Before opening the peeling white door, he turned. "Mi?"

"Yeah, babe?"

Alex looked down at the wooden floor. "Thanks. For...things."

Miles knit his brows subconsciously. "Things?"

"You know what I mean."

Miles shook his head and chuckled. "I don't."

Alex raised an eyebrow. "Think about it then."