3 || Hold Up, They Don't Love You Like I Love You

"You have a collect call from 'Mac' an inmate at a Global TelLink facility. To accept press 1"

*key pad sound*

Mac was locked up shortly after Gabe and Case broke up. He was serving 9 years. Gabe and Case both stayed in contact with him and made sure he was straight. Not wanting to hear Case's mouth, Mac called Gabe more.

"What's good lil nigga? You good?" Gabe spoke with the phone on speaker. He was in the studio working on his album.

"I'm Gucci. You talked to Case?"

"Yeah she ain't fucking with me tho. What's up?"

"'Mane you was supposed to talk to her nigga. I get out in two weeks. They need her address."

Mac was getting out on good behavior and wanted to stay with Case and G in NY. G moved to NY with Case and had his own spot. He would go with Case to any public appearances she made. Any other time, he was managing the tattoo shop. He even obtained his tattoo license and did some work himself.

"Shit I forgot. But it's good. I'll send ya lawyer the address and shit." Gabe said.

"Aight nigga. Where Deuce?"

"With his mom. Case dating this new nigga. I ain't with that shit."

"We all know you still love Case, G. Quit playing." Mac said while laughing.

"Nah that shit dead Mac. Case don't fuck with a nigga no more."

"Yeah aight. Who you foolin?" Mac said still laughing.

"Nigga you know sumn I don't? Case ain't fuckin with me. She made that shit clear yesterday."

"Y'all need a fucking therapist. Did you ever apologize? Or talk to her about it? She still hurting behind that shit G."

"Case ain't tryna talk. You know that shit nigga."

"Aight nigga whatever. Ima let you get back to it tho. I'll hit you tomorrow."

"Aight nigga."

"Love" Mac said as he hung up the phone. He never said love you. That just wasn't his thing. Especially not to a nigga.

Gabe sat back and thought about what Mac said. No one knew Case better than Mac. They grew closer while Mac and G were here security. She and Mac talked about everything and the night Gabe cheated, Mac was right by her side. He tried to convince her that Gabe didn't want to lose her but his actions spoke louder than words.

In the meantime, Case was preparing for a prime time interview with Kokee. Both Case and Ko worked long and hard on the Calvin case a few years ago. Calvin was found not guilty and has started his own foundation funding and educating appropriate police response in certain situations, such as traffic stops. Cultural differences are a main segment of the training.

Since then, Case and Ko, and sometimes Calvin, had interviews, sat on panels and more. Case has taken her advocacy to a new level. Her schedule is full with interviews and panels about social injustice and reform.

After getting herself and Deuce ready, she proceeded to the car where G was waiting on her. She didn't need Mac or G much and since Mac was in jail, G was her only option. Anytime she had major appearances, G went with her.

Gabe usually attend any panel discussions she have in NY but she knew he wouldn't be there today. He's still angry about the Benji situation. She trusted Gabe and his gut feeling so she fell back from Benji, even if it meant sacrificing her own happiness. She was pissed but deep down she knew Gabe was only looking out for her. She could tell he wasn't being petty because Rod was on his side too. If Gabe was just jealous, Rod would've been straight up but Rod had the same inclination.