Chapter 8

Remus and Samantha walked back to the house. No one noticed that they had come back except for the keen watchful eye of Mrs. Lupin. She gave Remus a pointed look meaning. "Did you ask her?" Remus nodded at his mother. Sam was quickly able to pick up on the silent conversation they were having.

Sam looked over at Mrs. Lupin and smiled. Sam wanted to let her know that she had said yes. Mrs. Lupin picked up the meaning of the smile. Both Remus and Samantha picked up on the excitement coming off of Mrs. Lupin.

Sam tried to giggle quietly but Remus and Sirius picked up on it. Remus because he was standing right next to her and becasue of his hightened hearing. Sirius had picked it up because of the fact he was an anamagus that takes the form of a dog.

"What's so funny Howler?" Padfoot asked. Everyon else finally notices that Remus and Sam were back.

"Oh nothing but your face, Black!" Sam giggled at Padfoot's expression when she said that. "When do you think one of them will figure it out?" Sam whispered into Remus' ear.

"In honesty... I have no clue." Remus replied. "Who do you think will be first?" Remus asked her. "I have a feeling that Padfoot will figure it out first considering he did mention that we were more 'couple-ish' after Halloween, but othere than that I don't know." Sam said.

The night slowly died away. Remus and his parents left for the night. "I will see you after Christmas. Are you sure it's okay for me to spend the rest of the break at you house?" Sam asked Remus before he left. "Of course. It was mum's idea." He told her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas Eve day passed quickly for Sam even though James and Sirius were leaving to go to James' house. "Goodbye Padfoot!" Sam said. "Hope to see you soon Howler!" Sirius chuckled.

Sirius went outside to wait for James. "Hey Howler, do you think you could come over to Potter Manor for a New Years Eve party?" James asked. Sam looked thoughtful.

"Well that depends on if Remus is going. I will be spending the rest of break at his house." Sam told him. Sam walked him out. "Goodbye Prongs." "Hope to see you at the party Howler." James said. That made Sam giggle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day she wondered if Mrs. Lupin had talked to Alfred or not about the rest of the holiday break.

"Alfred I was wondering if Mrs. Lupin had asked you yesterday about whether or not I could spend the rest of the holiday break at their house?" Sam asked Alfred. She was not sure if Mrs. Lupin had asked. She was also not sure of Alfred's response.

"She did talk to me about it. You had gone outside with Remus to talk. I told her I was fine with the arrangements. When are you going over there?" Alfred asked. "Well if I know Remus the way I think I do, he will come over to pick  me up on Boxing Day." Sam said.

Alfred looked over to her with seriousness written all over his face but that didn't last long when he told Sam. "Congrats on the engagement." He cracked a smile at Sam. Sam looked down and blushed. "Thanks." She mummered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas with Alfred was different for Sam. When she woke up she cried a little bit because it was the first time she wasn't having Christmas with her family. Once she finished crying she went to wash up so Alfred wouldn't know that she had cried.

Sam went down into the living room and saw a few presents there. "Good Morning and Merry Christmas Samantha." Alfred told Sam.

Sam noticed that some of the presents were from some of the Professors at Hogwarts. There was a letter addressed to her on a pile of presents. She took to the letter and read it.

Samantha,

When I was at your parents' house I had found their Christmas presents for you. I thought you deserved to have them.

Have a wonderful rest of the holiday break.

Albus Dumbledore

Sam could not believe that she had presents from her parents. Sam had gotten various things as gifts. The many thing she got were books.

There was on gift left for Sam and it was from Alfred. She opened it. Alfred had gotten a guitar for her.