Hamptons

The ride down the dark narrow highway was motionless and silent other than the occasional turn signal noise. It was getting darker as we drove farther down what seemed to be an endless road. As hours go by we occasionally stop to get gas and energy drinks. After many hours of stopping and driving, we had finally reached our destination. I feel chills roll down my back as I slowly open my car door. As we approached the door, I got a little more scared by every creak of the steps. My mom glances at me before knocking on the huge door that stood among us. My mom puts her hands on my shoulders and sobs before she turns away to leave. Popping in an energy shot, I turned on my video camera and opened the door. I hear the car start and drive away. As I walk down the long dark hallway, I decide to turn on my night vision lens. As I look around I notice written on the wall in dark black paint read: WELCOME TO HAMPTONS, PLEASE DO ENJOY YOUR VISIT. Fear rushed down my spine as I touch the paint to notice... it was fresh. I briskly wiped it off on my jeans and continued up the dark hall. Eventually I was met with a staircase leading to the floor I needed. I slowly walked up the stairs and go to room 407 being ever so quiet. I turned the door handle and continued to sneak into the room. The door shuts behind me and the skeptic I am, I thought nothing of it. I approach the closet and pull it open. The inside reveals my laptop that I had left here many years ago to try to forget that dreadful year. Although here I am digging it out of the box and dashing down the stairs. Unfortunately one of the stairs broke and I fell down the massive hole it uncovered. I land in a liquid substance and look frantically for the laptop. I see it hanging from a board that was holding the staircase. I let out a sigh of relief, for it was safe and that my video camera was also waterproof. I look around to find skeletons and decaying people preserved in the wall. I couldn't help but to puke and sob for the poor souls. I eventually find a way out. I grab my laptop and dart out the front door. It was daylight out and I looked down to notice the liquid not only raged with the stench of copper but it was blood. I start to sob knowing that what I had witnesses could push anyone to their breaking point. I feel for my phone,which had a waterproof case on it, so I could call my mom. she comes an hour later and sobs at the sight of me covered in blood and vomit. I slowly shut my door and close my eyes. I was relieved to finally be out of that hell hole.