Chapter One: "Okay, Ruddiger...Let's get out of this place.."

(http://chiscribbles4smiles.tumblr.com)

(http://chamiryokuroi

(http://chamiryokuroi.tumblr.com)

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

There it was again, that wretched dripping sound that was driving him crazy. He grit his teeth, tensing with each sound of water hitting the floor. It was the only sound besides his own breathing inside of his cell. He couldn't stand that sound anymore!

He tangled his bare fingers into his tangled, greasy hair, tugging a little. The shackles around his wrists made a clinking sound at his movement. He closed his eyes, bowing his head with a hissing sound. How hard was it to plug up a damn hole?? He didn't even know where the water was coming from! He was right beneath the castle, and it didn't seem plausible for a hot water pipe to be leaking directly over his specific cell! Right..?

He released his hair and threw his head back in frustration, smacking the back of his head on the stone wall behind his cot by accident. "Ow!"

He growled as he rubbed the back of his head. "Stupid wall..", he grumbled under his breath. He hated this place. He'd only been there about a month, but that was too long. He could have been doing something to save his dad in all that time! Oh ho, no, he was locked away while the stupid, promise-breaking, princess and her "friends" got to go out into the world instead! They'd left the day after he'd been locked up he'd heard.

He grimaced as the cold metal of his shackles bit into his bare wrists. That was another thing. They'd confiscated his gloves, his apron and everything in it, and his goggles when they'd locked him up. He felt so naked without them. At least he had Ruddiger. If he was completely alone, he might have gone insane by now. That's how terrible this place was.

Well, it could be worse honestly. He actually had one of the nicer cells, thanks to some promise the king made to the Princess. He got nicer food, not that he ate it really. He had a more comfortable cot, not that he slept much. The guards let him draw on the walls when he asked for chalk, for plotting purposes. Not to mention that they could have put him in with one of the other prisoners, the Stabbington Brothers for example or that lady opposite him who kept trying to talk to him, but he was given isolation from them instead. He didn't mind that in all actuality. Plus, and this was the strangest thing, the queen came to see him once a day. She always came at the same time, just as the sun was beginning to set. The first few times, she had tried to get him to talk to her. Tell her why he did what he did. Tell her what he would have done had he ended up killing Rapunzel. Tell her why. She demanded to know why. Why. Why. Why. Of course he had said nothing each time and then she'd finally give up and leave. Not before wishing him a good night, though. He didn't understand that. Didn't she hate him?