I'm There, Always

Sam's POV

It was about 2:43 AM and I heard movement downstairs. I didn't know who was up, but I tried to fall back to sleep. After a few minutes I found out that it was Colby, I heard him in the bathroom coughing and wheezing. I came to realize that he's sick. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom and opened the door to find Colby leaned against the wall with his head back, eyes closed and legs stretched out. I walked in between his legs, bent down on my feet and up my hand to his forehead. He shivered at the contact and winced. "Colby? Are you okay?" He shook his head and opened his eyes to look at me. "How long have you felt sick?" I asked, while removing my hand from his forehead. "Not long. I just started feeling sick about an hour ago. I went downstairs to get a bottle of gatorade thinking it would help, but it made me feel worse." He sighed and closed his eyes again.

"Come on, Colby, lets get you to bed." I stood up and got and wash rag, and ran it under cold water. I then helped Colby up and we walked to his room, I helped him lay down. I pulled covers over him, and laid the wash rag on his forehead to bring his temperature down a little. I started walking towards his door, "Sam?" I stopped in my tracks and turned to him. "Yeah?" "Can you stay with me... please?" I nodded, even though he wasn't going to visibly see it.

I walked over to his bed and got beside him and pulled the covers over the both of us. Once I fully laid down he laid his head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and rested my hand on his forearm and we fell asleep.

Colby's POV

The next morning I woke up feeling sick again, I gently crawled over Sam, trying not to wake him and went to the bathroom. I hate vomiting, it sucks. Sam, I guess heard me and came into the bathroom and started running his hand up and down my back for comfort. After a few minutes of heaving, I leaned back against the wall and closed my eyes. Sam sat down beside me and pulled me to rest my head on his shoulder.

We said like that for a few minutes until he was dragging me right back to bed. After a few days I started feeling much better. Later that day Sam and I left the house to go to an abandoned place for our video. I was glad that I was feeling better.