Fresh Start

*beep beep beep*

"UGGGH."

A loud groan escapes my lungs as I roll the covers over my head. Its the first day of my junior year in highschool and I'm not prepared in any way- mentally or physically. I look at my clock and it's 5 am. I let out another groan. Nevertheless, I do roll out of bed and go into the bathroom to take a quick shower. I stop by the mirror and take in the image of my bedhead and acne, and thats when I smell the horrible stench of my breath. I grab my tooth brush, which is a children's toothbrush, and my tooth paste and freshen up my mouth. Then I hop in the shower and start washing my hair with Herbal Essence's "Body Envy" shampoo. It smells so good, like mangos, plus my hair is naturally really flat and hugs my face, making it look larger than normal, if that makes sense.

I get out of the shower, ring my hair out, and wrap my body in a towel. Now... what to wear. I pick out my clothes, then mix and match until I am content with the outfit. I had picked out a pair of dark denim high waisted shorts with studs on the pockets, black tights to wear under them, a black suicide silence t-shirt, and a grey flannel. I put on my clothes, tucking my shirt into my shorts, and pulling it up again to create a baggy-look. I go back into the bathroom to do my makeup, which takes basically no time at all. After filling my eyebrows, smudging eyeliner around the outer corner of my eye, and applying mascara, I step back and take in my appearence. I've never really thought I was pretty, but I guess I've learned to accept it. I walk out of the bathroom, through my bedroom and down the stairs. I quietly step into my mothers bathroom and rummage through the cabinet for my medications. I have to take a total of three pills each morning. My ADHD medication, anxiety, and depression medications. I go back upstairs and walk by the kitchen, about to go in, but I instead shake my head and keep walking towards my bedroom. I grab my combat boots and slip them on, then grab my backpack. I spray a little perfume on then head out the door.

-After school-

I park the car in the driveway and head into the house. Before I know it I'm being bombarded by my father.

"WHERE ARE THEY?!" He spat in my face.

"Where are what, dad?" I say in a monotone voice. I'm used to this, it's become very repetative.

"WHERE ARE MY GOD DAMN PILLS YOU SON OF A BITCH."

"You mean my medications? I put them back in my bedroom so you wouldn't take them again. Because, you know, I kind of need them." I snickered at his stupidity. He takes my anxiety pills because I guess if you take more than the recommended dosage, you get a little bit of a high. But they are my own medication, and if I don't take them I kind of go a little crazy.

"Don't get smart with me girl." He hissed at me.

I roll my eyes and push past him, going into my bedroom. I sit down and pull out my phone, going through my messages until I find a conversation labeled "Brianna ", and open it.

To; Brianna :

"Hey, you free? I didn't see you at school today, and I miss you. Coffee? My treat (:"

*Message sent*

I sit on my bed scrolling through Tumblr for a few minutes before my phone vibrates, and I go into my messages.

From; Brianna :

"Hey babes. Sorry I wasn't at school, wasn't feeling well. But I feel alright now, sure coffee sounds great. Meet me at sb in 10? xoxo"

To; Brianna :

"Sure love (: See you then."

*Message sent*