Where It All Began

That damn video. He should never have done that damn video. That was the moment of no return. The action he couldn't escape from. But that wasn't where everything started. Not even close.

—————

It was the day of the "Try Guys Sexy Alcohol Taste Test" video. Eugene was actually excited for the shoot (mostly because he got to drink). He was told he would be partnered with Zach, which was not a surprise at all. For some reason, the fans always reacted well with them together. They would go first, then Keith and Ned next. He sat down at at the table with his smaller counterpart, various drinks placed in front of him. As the video progressed, and Eugene became more and more intoxicated, it seemed like he was spending more time looking off camera than right at it. Like he was looking at someone behind it.

By the time he and Zach finished, Eugene was hammered. He got up slowly, stumbling to a chair set up behind the camera. Keith and Ned took their seats, starting right away. The shoot was going well, until the blowjob shot. Eugene got mad. Really mad. Something about the way Ned leaned down, his lips reaching over the glass and touching the base of Keith's hand set him off. He was fuming inside, but he knew he couldn't say anything. That's why he was genuinely confused when he heard someone yell, "Stop!". He was even more confused when he realized that it had come out of him own mouth.

Everyone turned to look at him. Keith, Ned, Zach, the camera crew. Eugene's dumb drunk brain had turned him into a deer in headlights. He did the only thing he could think of. He coughed, stood up, said, "I gotta go to the bathroom." and walked out.

Eugene stood in front of the bathroom mirror, dragging his hand down the side of his face. What the fuck? He hadn't meant to say anything. It was like an impulse. He couldn't stop himself. He splashed some water in his face, trying to sober up a bit. While he wiped it off with the hand towel next to the sink, he heard the bathroom door swing open. Please, he thought. For fucks sake, don't let it be Ned. Don't let it be Ned. He put the towel back down and turned around to face the stranger. Shit.

"Hey, dude, are you okay?" Ned stood in front of him, leaning against the bathroom wall. "What was that about" Eugene just shrugged, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I dunno, I was drunk. Am drunk." He chewed on his bottom lip. God, for someone who's so secretive he awful at not looking suspicious.

"Okay..." Ned raised an eyebrow. "Well, were about to do the body shot scene. So..we kinda need you for that."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be right out." Ned nodded and left the bathroom and Eugene groaned. He hated the way Ned talked to him like a child, but he loved the way his the top button had come undone on his shirt.

Eugene walked out to see Zach sprawled out across the little table, and he couldn't help but laugh. He sat in between Keith and Ned (he would have sat on the end if he had the choice). He leaned his arm on Keith, trying to keep as much distance between himself and Ned as possible, without making it obvious. He focused on his own shot, but his eyes still wandered to Ned's lips when they were pressed against Zach neck. He shuddered, refocusing and taking his own shot.

After the shoot was over, Eugene hurriedly left without saying any goodbyes. As he got into his Uber to head home, he reminded himself never to get drunk around Ned again.