Tears On My Pillow (Doc x reader)

(840 words)

Your POV 

I sighed gently as I was at the Brown residence. I haven't been at the greatest of moods and I think Doc and Marty had noticed. Marty tried to talk to me but he didn't have much luck. I watched as he left and shook his head as he saw Doc. He sighed gently before he patted Marty's shoulder and walked over to me. 

"Hey, dear?" he asked as he sat next to me. I put my chin on my hand as I looked out the window. 

He sighed gently as he looked at me. "What's been eating at you? You've been acting pretty strange ever since we got back from 1931." he said as he looked at me his hands on his knees as he leaned forward a little. 

"What's it matter, Doc? It's not like we can ever go back." I said and he hummed gently. 

"Is this about you and my teen self?" he asked as he rose a brow. "I know you two were pretty close." he said and I groaned and fell back onto the bed I had been sitting on. 

"Don't play that we were close card with me, Doc. Did you forget that your younger self kissed me?" I asked as I looked at him. He looked at me and sighed before he nodded. "I remember. I don't know what I was thinking" he said and I nodded "Clearly." I said. 

"If I had known what I know now I wouldn't have done it. You gotta believe me." he said and I shook my head. "I don't gotta believe shit, Doc. I don't know what I was thinking, letting you do it. Maybe it was because I had a soft spot for you." I mumbled. 

He looked at me for a moment before he sighed gently. "You had a soft spot for me? Why?" he asked. I shook my head and stood. "It doesn't matter." I said and left the room as he was on my heels. "Don't you think I have the right to know? It does concern me" he said as he followed. I groaned loudly. "fine you really want to know?" I asked and he nodded as we caught Marty's attention. 

"I thought we could have been something since we were still in the 30s. It looks like that I was actually very wrong. I don't know why I even thought we could have been anything. I almost decided to stay in the 30s with you. It's the one thing that I've done that I can't think of a good reason why I did it." I sighed and looked at him sadly. "I wish that I didn't meet your younger self because then I wouldn't feel this way." I said before I shook my head as I got my shoes on and left the house. 

Doc's POV 

I looked over at Marty as he blinked a couple times. "Did she just? Do what I think she just did?" he asked. I sighed and nodded. "I think so" I said before I sat in my chair. "What do we do now? She left pretty mad." I said. Marty shook his head as he strummed a couple riffs on his guitar. "It's (y/n), she'll calm down and show back up. She always does." he said as he shrugged a little. 

I nodded as I thought about what she said. Soft spot for me huh? I know she's always had a liking for the nerdy type but for my younger self? That's just crazy. 

Your POV 

I walked along the sidewalk as I listened to my music from the 50s playlist. It was probably my favorite setlist that I have, it always picked me up. I bit my lip as one of my favorites came on. 

You don't remember me 

But I remember you 

Twas' not so long ago 

You broke my heart in two 

Tears on my pillow 

Pain in my heart 

Caused by you (ooh, ooh) 

( You, ooh) 

If we could start a new 

I wouldn't hesitate 

I'd gladly take you back 

And tempt the hands of fate 

Tears on my pillow 

Pain in my heart 

Caused by you (ooh, ooh) 

(you, ooh ooh) 

Love is not a gadget, love is not a toy 

When you find the one you love 

She'll feel your heart with joy 

If we could start a new 

I wouldn't hesitate 

I'd gladly take you back 

And tempt the hands of fate 

Tears on my pillow 

Pain in my heart 

Caused by you (ooh, ooh) 

(You, ooh, ooh) 

Oh 

I sighed as I got home. I went inside as I hummed gently before I sat on my bed and looked at the ceiling. I wish that I didn't say everything that I did. But I was hurt. I sighed as I rolled onto my side. I'm sure Doc would understand. I'll give him some space for now and then go see him in a day or too. I need to think anyway.