Saving Eddie (Edgar Allan Poe Paranormal Fictional Biography) (Abridged)

Start from the beginning

In Small Doses 2 (A Collection of Short Stories)

In Small Doses 3 (A Collection of Short Stories)

Killing Thoreau

Saving Eddie

Why I Document (Short Stories)

Musings (Non-Fiction Collection)

More details at https://sites.google.com/site/hallettgermanfiction

Cover Art Credit:

Elleth-stock at Deviantart.com

Cartermark at freeimages.com

Chapter 0: Preface

While not known at the time, this book began when the following appeared in Killing Thoreau:

Helen started to talk and Henry calmly listened. Perhaps she was talking about the publication of a popular work that came out earlier that year by an unusual author called Edgar Allan Poe named The Raven. Henry would have liked the somber nature of the poem and the use of The Raven as a character device.

But the "real" beginning came much later. In July 2014, I watched an online video on Edgar Allan Poe and his stay in Poe Cottage. I had visited there several times in the past. Also, I had spent time in many of the same cities and locations where he lived. After the video, I was intrigued to learn more about this unusual and brilliant man. It is fascinating how much that we do not know about him. The major reason for this uncertainty is the many question marks, curious omissions, and contradictory accounts about his life. Because Poe’s life is largely an unsolved mystery, it makes him an attractive subject to explore in a fictional work.

Fellow poet Arthur Rimbaud wrote on how life consists of a series of seasons. A season is an intense emotional period in one’s life concluding with sequences of painful moments and redefining realizations. Edgar Allan Poe’s life has many such periods. Some of these are the result of bad luck and others are self-inflicted. This work covers below seven such seasons. They

were times filled with loss, growth, confrontation, and reinvention. Although there was much sorrow in his life, Edgar experienced many happy moments. These are covered below as well.

Both Thoreau and Poe had older brothers that died before them and one or more sisters that outlived them. Poe’s brother had a bigger impact on him than is usually acknowledged. This work explores their bonds.