Orientation

I've been on the road for about 30 minutes. According to my parents we'll be there in 5 minutes. I'm squished between two of my brothers in the back seat of my parents car. I'm having an internal panic attack. I haven't been to welton in a couple years, but I remember it being very nice, covered with trees nearby. Last time I was here was for my brothers graduation.

"We're here!" my dad called excitedly from the front seat. I didn't say anything. I just stared out the window. The trees were orange and red, it was beautiful. "Your going to love it here'' my brother Chris said to me, smiling. We pulled up to the entrance and parked by the church. There were hundreds of other family's waiting around outside the church. All the boys were dressed in black blazers, and dress pants. My parents had got a custom skirt made for me. I wore my new grey uniform skirt, black and white saddle shoes, my tie, and a white dress shirt. We got out of the car, my heart racing. The moment I stepped out of the car, I felt the eyes of hundreds of boys on me. My face went red, and I brushed the hair out of my face, and tried to keep my eyes down. An older man came out of the chapel doors announcing that it was time for everyone to come in for the orientation. "Before you go in, here's my old blazer" My oldest brother Steven said handing it to me. "Thanks!" I said putting it on as I walked to the entrance. I walked between my brothers with my head down, avoiding eye contact with anyone as we walked into the chapel. It was cozy, but big. The hum of voices echoing off the walls greeted me as I walked in, my legs shaking with every step I took. "Let's sit down in the back." My mom said to me as I joined my father and brothers in the pew. I sat down and looked around at all the proud parents. My mother turned to me and said, "I'm so excited for you!" I gave her a warm smile and said "me too..." before I could say anything else, the sound of loud bagpipes cut me off. Everyone including myself turned around abruptly, to face the back of the church. All following the bagpipe player, were 4 older boys looking about my age were all holding banners. They walked solemnly down the middle of the chapel to the alter. After the song was done, the dean got up and began to speak. He welcomed all new students and, me. It was safe to say I was mortified, when he pointed to my family at the back of the church. All the boys turned to me. My face went red once again. Dean Nolan went on. To be honest I wasn't really listening. To what he said. But when he dramatically asked the boys, "What are the 4 pillars?" All the boys stood up and said in unison, "tradition, honor, discipline, excellence." Then they all sat down. Dean Nolan introduced a new teacher, talked about a couple more things, and so on. I began to day dream about my favorite actor, Marlon Brando, when dean Nolan ended the orientation. Everyone got up in a hustle. My parents shuffled me out of the pew. My heart was racing once again.

We walked back to the car, and my parents and brothers helped me carry my luggage to my room. We followed my brothers up the stairs of the building to my floor. "Please tell me I'll be getting a room away from all these boys." I groaned as I made the last step up the stairs. " well according to Mr. Nolan, you'll be put in the last dorm down the hall." My mother said as we entered my floor. The hall was crowded with luggage and loud boys running in and out if their rooms. As I pressed onward down the hall, a tall boy with brown hair smiled at me. I smiled back. He seemed nice, considering everyone else has just stared at me. I finally made it to my dorm. It was not far away from the rest at all. Yeah, maybe I'd have the last one on the floor, but I still had no privacy. Ughhh! I opened to door to a small room with a bed and desk. They were supposed to have two of each, but I was thankful for my single dorm. My family brought my luggage into my room, and said there goodbyes. "We love you!" My dad said. "Write to us, and call if you need anything! We'll be up for parents weekend!" My mom shouted. My dad almost had to drag her out of my room. Before my family left, my brothers hugged me. "Your going to do great!" My brother Steven assured me as Chris patted my back. And just like that, my family left and I was alone. Completely alone in a school of all boys.