chapter 15

Danielle POV
      "I'll.. I'll heal us. I promise. We'll make it back to mate." My wolf cry's. My body was healing incredibly slow. I lost a lot of blood, and can't move. I can barely feel my limbs, just enough to know they are there. My spine feels like ice laying flat on this cement floor. "Are you ready to talk Luna?" The voice laughs, "oh wait.. you can't!" The laugh grows louder, before it dies out and I'm left in silence. Unable to open my eyes, I'm trapped in the darkness. It's been almost a day since Jessica and Jasper got away.. I hope they made it. I hope drew finds me.
    "Hmm.. no word from your mate, it's even said he's stopped looking. I believe he's with a girl named Madison now." Someone says as the door opens. "heat will set in soon.. mmm I wonder how you feel." Hot breath reaking of alcohol fans against my cheek. My first instinct is to jerk away, but pain shoots through me as I turn my head. Hot tears roll down my face, the pain almost unbearable. Drew.. please hurry. I need you. Save me.

Alpha Andrew POV
      Snapping out of my thoughts, I'm hit with excruciating pain. It makes me fall to my knees in the middle of of the Forrest. "Alpha are you ok?" Dustin asks. A few moments later, it goes away. "Yeah.. I'm fine." I say catching my breath. "We're almost there.. another mile or so." Jasper says pointing in the way the sun is setting. I nod and we begin moving again. Alpha Rivers pack, alpha Smith's pack, and mine March through the forest. Alphas up front.
    We reach the edge of the Forrest and see a sort of laboratory. "This is it." Jasper states with a deep breath. "You don't have to go in." I tell him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "No.. she saved me, and now it's my turn to help save her." He states. I nod and we watch the sun begin to set.
    It's not long before we hear screams echo from the buildings. Many.. many screams. I stare at the buildings in horror, because I have yet to hear Danny. I don't want to hear her scream in pain.. but I wish she would so I'd know she's alive. "Your mate would be in the middle one there.. if this happened while we were here.. then it must have been sound proof." Jasper says. I nod and look at the building. "We clean this place out.. no building goes unchecked, no rooms untouched. Anyone held here we will taken with us, anyone with these sickos.. dies." Rivers states. Smith and I nod. 
    Darkness takes over the land and we move in. All 3 packs fan out and cover the ground. Jasper Dustin and I with a group of warriors head straight to the middle building. "Drew.. please. Save me." Danny's voice echos in my mind. "Save me drew. Please." She cry's. "I need you. Please hurry." "She's here." I whisper. "Get your hands off me you son of a bitch!" Her voice echos off the walls. "Trying to escape again? With those wounds? You won't get into the next hallway." A voice laughs through the intercom. "Th-thats him.. the one in charge." Jasper stutters. Dustin and a few warriors break off in search for him, while the rest of us clear the building. Only 2 other prisoners were found by time we reached a locked door leading to the second part of the building. "That's where I was held.." jasper whispers, fear crawling into his voice.
     All of a sudden I see a woman, with cuts and burns all over her body limping through the hallway towards us. I bang in the door but she doesn't look at us. Can she hear me? Several hooded men come around a corner and stand in front of her. She takes a step back, letting go of her abdomen. Blood drips to the floor, and she runs full speed down another hallway. The men chasing her.
    "We have to help her! We need a way in!" I whisper yell in a panic. "We need a key card." A warrior says. I groan and turn around. Running through the hallways, we meet up with Dustin. "Have you found the leader?" I ask. "No alpha... We've checked every room we've come by." He tells. I nod. "Come on.. there's another section of the building but we need a key card." I say and we run some more. Checking each room, clearing it out. Then we find a hooded man in a room pouring silver on a man. "Mate." Dustin growls. I push open the door and he rips the hooded man's head off and wrapping the man in his arms. "Take him home. We'll find danielle." I tell him, searching the hooded man. "But alpha." Dustin states. "That's an order warrior." I growl. He nods and turns to the door, a small smile appears in his face as he leaves. I check the man's back pocket and find a key card.
    My eyes widen and I rush through the halls. I reach to swipe the card, when a warrior stops me. I look through the door.. and their carrying the girl from earlier. Except it's not just a girl.. it's Danny. I swipe the card and rush through. The men turn to me and I yell, "Danny!" Her eyes slightly open before her body goes limp. The man carrying her runs off while the others turn to us, claws grows and teeth barring. They start walking towards us slowly, then they break into a jog, before their full out running. Charging at us.
      The warriors get ready as do I. River and Smith run up beside us with about 7 warriors and look at me. "Alpha Smith, jasper. Go find the leader and take him out." I order, they nod and take off down a hall way. "Go Andrew.. we got them. Go find your mate." Rivers tells me. I debate for a few seconds before running down past the hooded men as Rivers and the warriors fight. I follow Danny's scent through the building, I reach a dead end where there is 2 huge hooded men block a door. Between them I can see through a window on the door. Danny lays on a metal bed, several torture devices hang on the wall behind her. Her chest barely rising, blood still dripping from what look like new wounds from here. "Danny?" I whisper. The hooded men start taking steps towards me and I'm brought back to reality. I get into a fighting stance and they double team me. They get a shallow slice on my chest, and it makes me think of Danny.. of how much pain she must be in.
     In another minute both are down with slash wounds letting their guts hang out. Rivers and Smith show up with their groups and we walk into the room. That's when I notice the projector. It begins playing.
     It starts out outside. Her fighting them, before getting stabbed with a needle in her neck. She's laid on this table and several hooded men surrounding her. I watch the footage of her being cut and burned, practically bathed in silver. Her body convulsing in pain. Clips of what had to have been hours of torture. Then she's just laid in a white room, on the cold floor to heal herself or die. The last clip is her laying on the floor awake, her eyes changing back and forth between her and her wolfs. Tears roll down my face as i lift her limp body. I can't see her chest moving, or hear her heart beating. She's silent. "Let's take her home." Alpha Rivers says. I silently turn around and walk out the building. When outside, the 3 packs stand ready. They all bow their heads in respect for not only us alphas.. but for the fallen in my arms. Strong emotions run through me, and I run through the forest. Taking shortcuts and using my alpha speed I reach the pack in no time. Doc runs over and starts to check her. "She's gone doc." I say holding back a sob. He motions warriors to take her to his office and I stare at him. "She's gone doc. I can't hear her heart beat anymore." I growl at him. He turns to me puzzled. "Alpha Andrew.. you're mate is alive.. her body is just shut down due to how cold she is and the lack of blood." He explains before running off, nurses in tow. "S-s-shes alive?" I sob. I fall to my knees in front of all 3 packs. "Alpha Andrew. Get up." Alpha Smith says. "Alpha Andrew now is not the time to cry." Alpha Rivers scolds. I am picked up and carried somewhere. Upstairs and down halls. Soon I'm placed on my bed. And I cry my heart out.