Chapter Five

Depuis le début

"Hey, wipe that drool." She threw a table napkin at her.

"Ha-ha, what am I supposed to do?" she asked, putting the napkin on the table. "He's so hot."

"Did you get his phone number?" Tamara asked.

"No. Aren't girls supposed to be modest and wait to be pursued by men, not the other way round?"

Tamara smacked. "What century are we living in? In the 21st-century women are allowed to pursue men. Just imagine, how many women out there are craving hot men like the one you met?"

"I believe in fate. If we're meant to be, fate will find a way to bring us together," Liz said. "I am not in a hurry to get into a new relationship."

"I get you. But has been long since Oscar. You have to learn to love again. This is the first man you have shown interest in ever since you were heartbreaken. We have to find him."

"How? We have very little information about him. We won't get anything about him online with only his first name." She paused for a moment and looked at her, "There is one little detail I haven't told you."

"What is it?"

"He seemed interested in me," she smiled. "He invited me to ride in the same taxi with him, but I ran off. In as much as I was charmed by his looks, I could not trust him because we had just met."

"That's a good sign. If he is interested in you, he will find you."

"Or maybe it is just my assumption. Maybe it was just an act of kindness."

"Hey, don't be pessimistic," Tamara said. "According to the law of attraction, the things you desire will eventually find their way to you. All you have to do is think about them and forget. Then appreciate the process and before you know it, Voila! You have them."

"Oh, I see," Liz said. "The law of attraction sure has a point. Just think about him and wait."

---

"Why did you wake up so early?" Tamara asked then yawned and stretched as she leaned against the kitchen door frame.

"Morning," Liz said. "Breakfast is ready."

Tamara walked to the dining table then smiled. "You prepared pancakes..."

"Yeah. They're your favorite, right?"

"Mm." Tamara sat. "You know, I normally don't take breakfast."

"Why? Breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

Tamara sighed. "It's because I wake up late almost every day. If I prepare breakfast I would be late for work."

"I see," Liz said. "I will be preparing breakfast for us, now that I'm here."

Tamara waved her hand at her. "No, you don't have to wake up early because of me."

"It's no big deal," she said. "I am an early riser.

Tamara smiled. "What would I do without you?"

"Hahaha... Now you know that I am a very important person in your life."

"Seriously, you have always been important in my life," Tamara said. "Meeting you was the best thing that happened to me."

"O-oh, am already getting goosebumps," Liz said and got to her feet. "Hurry up or you're going to be late."

"What time is it?"

Liz looked at her phone. "You still have forty-five minutes."

"Oh my Gosh!" She rose to her feet and dashed to her bedroom.

She appeared thirty minutes later and found Liz relaxing on the couch.

Tamara put her handbag on the table and twirled around. "How do I look?"

Liz looked at her from head to toe and shook her head.

She frowned. "Is it that bad?" she asked. "Let me go and change."

"Stop!"

Tamara stopped in her tracks. "What?"

"You look fantastic!"

Tamara furrowed her brow. "But you shook your head earlier," she said. "What was the meaning of that?"

"I was just toying with you," Liz said. "You look amazing, I'm serious."

"I will deal with you later." She picked her handbag and walked to the door.

Liz smiled and waved at her. "Bye," she said. "Have a wonderful day."

"You too, dear. Mmwaa!"

***