"besties" and a kid

Start from the beginning

"You bringing home strays now, El?" Richie asked, shooting a wink in Bill's direction. "Isn't this one a little old for you?"

Elii clasped Bill on the shoulder. "Found this little guy all alone in the park, creeping on some poor innocent childrens. Seems to have gotten it into his head that he's gonna be a bad daddy and that potentially getting arrested for being a park creep is the best way to figure it all out."

An odd look of understanding settled on Richie's face as he looked between Bill and his little sister. He sucked his bottom lip into his mouth before letting out a horse-like sound. "Yeah, yeah, okay. Eds is upstairs. But if he tells you to fuck off, then you know what to do."

Elii saluted and took off up the stairs. Bill hesitated and looked around, utterly confused, before slowing starting up the stairs after her. Elii was leaning against one of the doors, smirking at him, and clicked open the door. Right behind her, he watched Elii skip into the room. Eddie turned around, seemingly holding an arm full of pastel coloured blankets. His hair was left in his natural soft curls, and there seemed to be some sort white mess on the shoulder of his shirt. His face lit up when he noticed Elii.

"I'm here to see the best member of my family," she sang as she bounced into the room. She pressed a kiss to Eddie's cheek before leaning down and pulled a face at the blankets in Eddie's room. "and of course this pretty little princess!"

Bill's jaw nearly detached from his face when he realized that the bundles of blankets in Eddie's arms wasn't simple blankets at all- it was an actual human infant. "I... Eddie, what..."

Eddie's face jerked up, eyes blown wide. "Bill!" Eddie cried, then coddled the little person close to his chest as they made small whining noises at his loud voice. Eddie hushed the baby, kissing them softly on their head. "It's okay, baby... Everything's fine."

"Is it..." Bill shook his head. "This is your baby? Why didn't... I am so confused."

Elii chuckled. She launched back into the story of finding Bill down a the park, Eddie's amused smile started growing the longer it carried on. He glanced back over at Bill, grinning when Elii finished. "I asked why he didn't just ask you and Rich, and imagine my surprise when he had no idea what I was talking about."

Eddie sighed, smiling softly down at his baby. "Leave it, Elii." He took a few steps towards Bill, rocking the small human. "So, you're absolutely terrified about being a dad, huh? That's fair, you know it's the biggest life change you can make. But, Billy, it's so worth it. There's nothing better." Eddie looked up at Bill, eyes glazing with what could have been happy tears. "This is Martina, given an old lady name specifically so that Richie can call her Marty and make Back to the Future references. She's five months old, we've had her about three and a half."

Bill leaned in closer and all he could see was small. Small face, small nose, small hands. Just the tiny, small little person that can't take care of itself, can't do anything. That needed Eddie, fiercely and for everything. Just months from now, Bill would have his own little small human that needed him. His heart felt like it was going to explode.

"She'll be sitting up and rolling over by herself soon," Eddie was still speaking with the soft, sweet, and utterly loving voice. An absolutely devastating love voice, something so pure that Bill almost didn't recognize his old friend. "She can already sit up by herself for short periods of time, with help from a pillow. It still makes Rich a little nervous, he'd never let her out of his or my arms ever if I'd let him get away with it."

"Wait, wait," Bill closed his eyes and shook his head. "I don't understand. You and Richie just adopted a freaking kid one day?"

Eddie made an odd face. "I mean... it's a lot longer and more tedious a process than just 'adopted a freaking kid one day' but yeah. But most agencies aren't too keen on un-conventical relationships." Eddie rolled his eyes and Elii made a dirty look over his shoulder, but Bill sort of thought it was a little understandable that the government didn't just hand over children to random dudes sharing an apartment in New York. "Marty here was a little bit easier to get all sorted out because we already had Frankie-"