"That's bullying!"

"Mom, its okay. Please dont do anything."

"No, it's not. They can't just do that to my daughter and expect me not to do anything." 

"Mom, please. I don't want to make the problem bigger than it needs to be." 

 "Were there no supervisors around?"

"Mom, please.."

"Honey."

"Mom.." I gave her a pleading look. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she said laying my head on her shoulder. "I can't believe I wasn't here when my daughter was hurting."

"It's okay, mom." 

"How was I blessed with such a beautiful and strong daughter?"

"Because you are. You gave me the genes," I said looking at her with a smile. She smiled back.

Pulling some of my hair back. "Are you sure you're okay, honey? This just isn't right...for them to do that and-"

"Mom, I'm alright. Please don't do anything."

"Fine, alright! If you say so, my beautiful daughter." I smiled at her. "But if anything happens again-"

"I know mom, I know. You will not leave it alone."

"You know me so well," she said, embracing me again. This is why I loved my mother to the death. 

"Is it okay if I don't go to school today then?"

"Okay, okay. You deserve a break," she said kissing my forehead and leaving. "Ill make you breakfast"

"Thanks mom, Love you."

"Love you too."

Even though I didn't go to school, I decided to go to work. I asked my manager if i could work behind the counter instead of serving because I didn't feel like dealing with rude customers or immature high schoolers today. 

Ethan and his gang decided to come to the cafe, however, out of all the days. He had his arms around Heather's shoulders. Ugh. 

I ignored them until my manager came up to me. 

"They're requesting for you at Table 8, Lucille." I looked to where Table 8 was. It was their table. What the hell? Why did they request for me?

"Can I not go, Mary?" I gave her a pleading look. I guess she could tell that I was really pleading and so she nodded her head and went to take their order. 

I was proud of myself. I didn't let their presence bother me the entire time they were at the Cafe.

I excused myself from the counter and went to use the bathroom. As I was coming out, I bumped into a built chest.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I looked up to see who it was. It was Ethan. I gave him a worried look, then looked past him. Last thing I needed right now was for Heather or any of her posse girls to walk over, see me looking at him, and then pour their drinks all over me again. 

He looked back too. He then held my arms and pushed me into the girl's bathroom. He backed me up against the door. He still had his hand on my arm. I pulled my arm away and he let go.

"Sorry."

I looked away. I didn't want to look at him...and his beautiful face.

"You didn't come to my table."

I looked at him. Was he serious? Wasn't he the one that said we should ignore each other? I didn't look at him. 

"I have to go back to work." I tried getting past him but he held my arm.