chapter twenty-two

Start from the beginning

“Addie, did you know your boyfriend here is a bulldog fan? I can’t believe you’re dating a bulldog fan! We’re going to have to convert him to become a Tennessee fan.” My dad was smiling and patted Morgan on the back as they stood up.

Dad had just called Morgan my boyfriend. Was he my boyfriend? Oh, gosh, I certainly hope so.

I smiled and blushed. “I’m sure you’ll be able to turn him, dad. But, anyways, dinner is ready.”

“Great, I’m starved,” I heard Morgan say as he walked over and grabbed my hand.

Dad and Mandi were already sitting at the table when we reached the dining room.

“Mmm, this looks delicious, Mandi,” Morgan said with a smile.

Yeah, work that magic, babe. I smiled and felt some more butterflies flutter around.

After a few minutes my father finally asked the question I had known he’d ask all night.

“So, Morgan, what are your intentions with my daughter?”

Morgan looked at me, smiled and took my hand again. Then he looked at my father and answered.

“My intentions are completely honorable. I want nothing but the best for your daughter. She makes me want to be a better man. She makes me think and laugh. When I look at her, I can see a serious future with her. I don’t plan on ever hurting Addie. She’s the best thing that’s happened in my life in quite some time. And I plan on to keep see her as long as both of you are okay with.”

Awe, okay, if he didn’t had me completely fallen for him before that moment, oh, he had me now.

Mandi was lit up like a tree on Christmas Eve and my dad was smiling nodding his head.

“Morgan, you definitely have our permission.”

Thank, God! I knew he’d be able to stray my father away from the whole idea of not liking him. Because, I mean once you get past his cocky attitude and all that, Morgan is a sweet and loving man.

“Thank you, Scott, I won’t screw it up.”

“Oh, I know you won’t because then I’ll have to kick your ass.”

Everyone chuckled then my father stopped and said, “But, seriously, I will if I have to.”

“I understand, but don’t worry, I won’t.”

“Do you want a family, Morgan?” Mandi asked.

I gave her the glare of death and she gave me a sympathetic look. Morgan saw it and put his hand up.

“No, it’s fine. Um, I do, just not right away or anything. Maybe in about five or so more years, just not right now.”

Phew. I honestly didn’t know if Morgan wanted a family. I had never seen him around kids and he never mentioned, not that he should’ve, I mean our relationship has been very short lived. But his eyes changed a bit when Mandi said the word family. Hmm, it was probably nothing.

After the questioning was over, dinner was a breeze. There was a lot of laughter and jokes. I learned a lot more about Morgan than I hadn’t known before. I was really happy he suggested that he meet my parents.

My parents were in the kitchen and had just said bye to Morgan since he said he had to be up early in the morning for something.

I said okay and walked outside with him to his car.

“I had a great time, Addie.”

“Yeah, me, too,” I said with my goofiest smile plastered on my face.