Wattpad Original
Mayroong 3 pang mga libreng parte

15: Sleep

15: Sleep

DEARIL

"Pussy is here~"

I whipped my head from whatever garbage I am typing for the report I need to submit by the weekend. Ajal just walked in with a beautiful black cat with sleek black fur and green eyes. Prettiest I'd ever seen... until Ajal kept on saying pussy is here. Pussy is coming, pussy is purring... Pussy wanted to be pet.

Damn him. I will skin him then grill him later.

"Dearil man, pussy—" The ball of fire I tossed him shut him up. "Oh I mean Mameng!"

At anong sabi niya? Mameng?!

"Chill, man! Masyado ka namang mainitin!" Inilapag niya ang kulungan sa sahig at binuksan iyon. The black cat meowed before running towards me and it sat on my lap. Hmmm, she likes me.

"Get lost, Ajal."

"Wow, dude. You're welcome," he replied sarcastically. "Zab said the cat's name is Mameng."

"No!" I replied. At the same time, the cat purred angrily na para bang hindi rin nito gusto ang pangalang iyon. Whoever come up with the name Mameng for a beautiful cat must be crazy!

Oh yea, that human does.

Yea, she's crazy.

I lifted the cat to the table and made it face me. It stared at my eyes, like it's sulking about how bad the name is.

"That's an ugly name for a pretty cat," I growled lowly.

"Zab's choice and she doesn't find the cat pretty at all. Dude, the chic looks crazy pissed with Mameng!" natatawang kwento ni Ajal. "She even threatened to stuff it inside some food! Like how crazy is she?!"

Hmm, Mameng.

Okay.

If that human wants it, then fine.

"Hello, Mameng."

The cat whizzed then jumped off back to my lap. It didn't like the name but she'll be Mameng. Ugly but... I will let that name on her.

"You can leave, Ajal."

He scowled at me bago siya umupo sa harapan ko. He had a serious expression on his face. "I can't figure out her time of death in the future."

That's seriously alarming. Ajal is skilled in that matter and he cannot be mistaken. At hindi pa nangyaring may nilalang na hindi niya mawari kung anong oras ito mamamatay. "Do you think she's a lost soul?"

Lost souls are troublesome for us grim reapers. Kapag may kaluluwang ayaw sumama o 'di kaya ay iniwasan ang grim reaper, it means we have to write shitty reports. They will wander all over the land of alive, at kapag nagtagal sa ganoon ay magiging demonyo.

That's the least we want to happen. They need to be guided to the afterlife at huwag hayaang magpakalat-kalat lamang sa mundo.

"Dearil, you know very well that lost souls avoid me because I will know immediately their time of death even without touching them," pahayag ni Ajal. "Should we start to worry about what kind of soul she is?"

I shrugged, sighing a litte. "Paano kung gaya nga siya ng sinabi mo? A progenitor?"

"Dearil even progenitors, if they're even true, cannot escape my touch. I cannot see anything in her but one thing is for sure."

I looked at him with full seriousness.

"She's still alive."

I sighed again, shaking my head in disbelief. Alive but can see us. Only souls of the dead can see grim reapers... except when they're in human form. But how can that human see us? Now, I'm itching to take a peek on her memories even if she doesn't allow it.

"Dearil..."

Napatingin ako kay Ajal. He's also troubled about it. Whatever she is, she may probably cause problems not only to us kundi sa lahat na rin ng mga grim reapers.

"Should we report her?" tanong niya.

And what, make thousands of paper works? For now, no. "No, not yet. I'll see what I can do to see her memories."

Ajal nodded before exiting on my room. "Okay man, it's all up to you."

***

I stared at the sleeping human. She was comfortable in her position and ugh, why is she wearing an oversized shirt and her strawberry printed underwear? Seriously? I thought she hated strawberry?

Her hair was dishevelled and she mumbled something incomprehensible under her breath. Pagkatapos ay tumihaya siya, giving me access over her forehead. I took that as an opportunity.

Alam kong mai-invade ko ang privacy niya sa gagawin ko. But let's just say I am professional enough to focus on the matters that relate to her ability to see us at kung bakit hindi makita ni Ajal ang tamang oras ng kanyang kamatayan.

I carefully sat on the bed, making sure my weight pressed against her soft mattress doesn't wake her up. I flipped two fingers on her forehead... but I cannot get a single flow of memory.

What?

I tried again dahil baka nagkamali lamang ako. My fingers touched her forehead again but still to no avail. I'm pretty sure I didn't do it wrong but damn. Why?

She moved again and curled herself. I stared hard at the human curled up on her white bed. What is she? Why can't Ajal see her time of death? What can't I get a look on her memory? She doesn't look different at all.

If she's some sort of heavenly creature, we should have known already. Nothing special in her form—except for her curves that fell on the right places. Her olive skin that compliments her bed, her midnight hair that looks sleek and brilliant as it spread on the pillow.

Maybe as a human, she could be considered very pretty. She doesn't reek of chemicals coming from beauty products maliban na lamang sa tuwing aalis siya. She usually put a little amount of makeup on her skin, which I found unnecessary. She's beautiful without those. In fact, natatakpan lamang niyon ang natural niyang kagandahan.

At home, she looks simple. Like she's a totally different person. Kung aalis ay matataas ang sapatos na suot niya but at home, she wore fluffy pink indoor slippers. Hindi rin siya maarte sa kinakain. I guess it's just normal...

...but what makes her special in a way that she can see us?

I think I'm getting dizzy and will eventually throw up the more I think about it. Napatingin ako sa bakanteng espasyo sa tabi niya. After shifting to my human body, I slipped beside the curled oddball.

Hmmm.

...after writing 500-pages report, I think I deserve some sleep.

The bed is tempting...

I will sleep then.