Chapter 2

Amanda's POV
Steve and I were laying down in the bed of his truck, just talking about different things. He didn't try to force himself onto me, which was nice. Steve respected my love for the stars, just like I respected his love for the ocean.

"Would you like to go out with me again?" Steve asked. I just looked at him, thinking about what he said. "Yea I would like that, tomorrow's my day off, we could go fishing or hiking." He gave me a frown "you like to fish?"

"Just because I'm from the city doesn't mean I don't know how to fish. My dad would take my brother and I out to a lake, and we'd just sit there and wait for the fish to bite our lines."
"You really care for your family." I looked back up at the sky "Yea." I can tell he was still looking at me, waiting for me to continue. When I didn't he decided to speak up," I can let my team know that I won't be in tomorrow and, we can go to this special fishing spot my dad would take me to." I look back at him and the smile he gave me was so hot, I just hope he didn't notice my blush. "It's a date, I'll give you my number." He handed me his phone. I put my number in, then called myself. When I showed him the number he nodded yes and I saved it.
"I'll pick you up around 7 am ok."
"Okay, but I don't have a fishing poll, I'm saving up to get one though."
"That's ok I have an extra one you can use."
"Thanks."

After we were done talking, we got up, went back to the cab, then Steve drove me home. Once we got to my house, he parked in front of my driveway. "I had a really great time, thank you." I leaned towards him and kissed his cheek. I can see a small blush on his cheeks "your welcome, I had a great time as well."

I walked to my front door, unlocked it then went inside. Once inside, I leaned against the door. 'I can't believe I just kissed his cheek!!!! I don't normally do that.' I thought to myself.

Steve's POV
I couldn't help but blush as she kissed me. Even though we had just met it was nice. Ever since my breakup with Catherine I haven't even tried to date anyone. But Danny convinced me to talk to her, he had been in saints and sinners once before and saw what Amanda could do.

So like the good friend he is, Danny told me about her. And honestly Amanda was not what I expected. I thought she would be like a real city girl from the mainland, wearing a whole bunch of makeup, and wearing some revealing clothes. But that's not what I saw tonight, I saw a girl who likes to wear flannel, blue jeans and who isn't afraid to call people out. She was careful around me, which is good and bad. Amanda seems to be different than most people. I just don't want her to be afraid of me, but I guess I'll have to give her some time.

Anyway I finally made it home, once I got inside I locked the door then went upstairs to get ready for bed. As I'm changing into some sweatpants, I can't help but think about what Amanda said when we left the bar. "Thanks for staying till my shift ended, not very many guys I know would do that."

I wonder if her family left Amanda behind and forgot about her.