Blind Love

"Jughead, where are my Louboutins?" Veronica was in a rush to reach Pops.

She had just received a phone call that an investor was interested in opening branches for Pops and would like to meet her an hour later at La Bonne Nuit. Once she had received that notification, she had leapt with joy and immediately went into the bathroom to do her makeup.

"With the devil!" A cheeky reply came immediately.

"The Devil Wears Prada, not Louboutin!" Veronica indignantly corrected from the other room while doing her brows. "No seriously, fetch me my black Louboutins."

"I forgot which brand is which!" Jughead moaned, rifling through her shoe closet.

"I taught you like three years ago!" Veronica snapped, referring to the time when Jughead had thrown a book at her eye accidentally.

"Since then we've gone through a kidnap, a few hospital visits, appointments with death and trips to Toledo and San Junipero," he defended himself, taking all black heels out to inspect which was Louboutin.

"It literally says Louboutin inside the shoe," Veronica complained. "You just have to know how to read English to find it."

"You have a million pairs of black heels! By the time I inspect all of them, I'll be eighty," Jughead was overwhelmed by the black heels, that looked all the same to him, surrounding him.

By the time Jughead had found the shoes she wanted, Veronica had already finished her makeup. She made a noise of frustration as she was running out of time. She quickly started doing her hair.

"Forsythe! I need my black Gucci halter dress," was the thanks Jughead got when he dropped the Louboutins next to her feet in the bathroom.

He groaned. "You have even more black dresses than black heels!"

However, he obliged and quickly strided to the closet, yanking potential black Gucci halter dresses off their hangers and dumping them onto the floor when he realised they were not the one she wanted.

"Be gentle with my clothes! I can hear the clanging of hangers," she called all the way from the bathroom.

Jughead rolled his eyes. Whatever. He would clean this mess when she was at the meeting. She would never know. His plan was thwarted when Veronica suddenly rushed past him into the room and screamed in horror at her black dresses lying on the floor in an untidy manner

"I hate you," she declared as she retrieved her Gucci dress with one try from her closet.

Lucky for Jughead, she was in too much of a rush to yell at him for the mess he had made of her expensive clothing.

"Love you too," Jughead sarcastically said and tried to go in for a kiss on the cheek but was successfully pushed away by Veronica.

"I mean it! And I'm late!" She hopped into her dress and shoes and took her Michael Kors bag and left the house.

Jughead shook his head. He started to rehang the dresses on the floor. This woman was crazy but he did not care. This was the woman he loved.

————————————————————————

"What are we doing?" Jughead whispered as Veronica dragged him out the house with thick blankets in the middle of the night.

They were both pyjama clad, but it was too dark for anyone to see them as they progressed to the skirts of the woods.

"It's too dark for you to see, you'll trip," Jughead fretted, but still following along and holding on to her arm.

"Shh, just trust me, we're almost there," Veronica tugged him on.

The two walked on for a while. Jughead had no idea how Veronica could see anything. He certainly could not and was entirely depending on her to lead the way. They would probably get lost, but it was okay, they would find their way back in the morning and wherever Veronica was, he was home.

"We're here!" Veronica announced, suddenly stopping.

"Um...Veronica, I can't see anything," A confused Jughead replied.

"This is me," she said quietly.

"What?" That intensified his confusion.

"This is me when I was with you when the Barbarians attacked," she continued. "It was pitch dark. I was lost. I was scared. I was alone."

"But...," She started leading him on a few steps further. "This is you."

Jughead sucked in his breath. They were no longer in darkness. Millions of stars shined brightly above them and the moon illuminated the two's features.

"You are my light in the darkness, Torombolo," Veronica kissed him lightly on the cheek. "Happy Anniversary of the day you chucked a book at my eye."

Jughead was speechless. "You remember the exact date I accidentally hit you with a book?"

"Of course, I was so mad and had originally vowed to make you serve me for ten years since that day you injured me," she laughed. "I honestly hated you back then."

Jughead laughed with her, wrapping his arms around her affectionately.

"This love is amazing, don't you think? It's blind love. Not the type where one blindly falls in love with someone at first glance and is blind to all their flaws. Our blind love is the type that is unconditional and unsuperficial. We were both blind and in the dark when we fell in love with each other. We were bruised and battered and physically very unattractive. We fell in love with each other's souls," he cupped her face in his hands.

"I've seen the darkest side of you and you've seen the darkest side of me. It's a miracle how accepting we are of each other and still choose to stay. I love you, Torombolo, don't you ever leave me," Veronica whispered in the dark.

"You draw me in like a light draws in a moth, Princess. How could I ever leave?"

"Okay, I'm going to ignore the fact you just compared me to a moth, but yeah, Happy Anniversary of our Blind Love."

The two closed their eyes when they leaned in for the kiss. Some of the best things in the world were unseen.

————————————————————————

A/N: Congratulations, you've finally reached the last chapter of Blind Love. It's finally finished! I'm so sad because this might probably be the last Jeronica/ Vughead book I will publish😢😢 I will miss you guys a lot! Thank you so much for reading till the end and tolerating my infrequent updates💕 I cannot thank you guys enough! Thank you for motivating me to update by commenting even though I had already half given up. It's you guys who helped me complete this story.

❤️Feel free to ask me any questions about writing or my books or even about me haha, I would love to get to know some of you guys too!❤️