☼Chapter 23

Começar do início

“Well, he asked me out.”

“No way.”

“Yes way!” Emerald said, now she was shaking me like crazy, “I can’t believe Ezra Levine just asked me out, A I can die happy now.”

“Aww, Ems I’m really happy for you and all that but I really can’t live without you,” I said as I embraced her in my most massive bear hug.

“I’m so excited, never and I mean never in my whole life did I have an experience where my crush asked me out on a date,” Emerald said in between fits of giggles.

“I know Ems, I know I’ve been with you for years,” I said and gave her a gentle pat on the shoulder.

“I would punch you for being such a mood killer but you’re gonna play a part in this,” she said and that evil gleam was back in her eyes, “and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

“Oh I’m not going on a double date with you-“

“Who said anything about a double date?” Emerald’s lips curled up in to her most famous evil smirk.

I don’t know what was going on inside that woman’s head but I’m pretty sure I won’t like it and that I don’t have a say in this because really, I think Emerald Delaney just signed me up for a death sentence.

“Wait so you don’t sort of kind of like Claude anymore?” I asked and then Emerald’s cheeks burned bright red.

“A, he was the only guy I knew in my life who could be crush material alright. I never really got much exposure. I know I’m not Claude’s type so it would actually do me better to finally let that childhood crush go,” she waved me away.

“Alright, no more feelings for that idiot, and oh you better make sure that Ezra guy meets your best friend’s standards,” I replied. Yeah, I know Ezra from a couple of projects we got involved in together, we talked a bit but I never had the chance to hang out with him and get to know him better so I could never really vouch for him. I can’t tell Emerald that, “oh Ezra? That guy is really nice I totally approve of him,” no I can’t say that, not until I know him for real.

“Don’t worry you’ll be meeting him tomorrow during our dinner date,” she said with a wink.

“I thought you said we won’t be going on double dates,” I asked my best friend and now she was laughing at how clueless my expression probably looked like.

“Oh no dear no double dates I swear,” she said as she made a cross sign over her heart, “however-“

“Uh-oh I don’t think I’ll like the sound of this,” I replied cutting her off.

“Wait, however I seriously really want to know what he thinks of me you know? I want to know but I’m too shy to ask him myself,” Emerald said and the way she said it I could tell she was sort of desperate.

I mean I’ve been with Emerald for a long time already and as far as I know no boy seemed to look at her like she’s cool or pretty or even hot I wanted to date her sort of way. I’m not saying most guys would look at me that way, I’m kind of oblivious to anything like that but for others I can really see whether someone likes them or not. 
“So you want me to talk to him?” I asked.

Emerald nodded her head, “just don’t tell him I told you to ask him, like pretend you just want to know his intentions and promise him you won’t tell me, although I know you’re supposed to tell me, right?” Emerald blabbed.

“This doesn't sound legal,” I replied, feeling uncomfortable.

“Oh come on it’s not like you’re a saint or anything and besides there’s no rule about conspiring with your best friend to know whether a guy likes you or not,” Emerald said as she waved her hand at my direction.