CHAPTER SIX: LITTLE BIRD

If someone were to walk into the parking lot now, they would see a man in his twenties dragging an elder man by his feets, helped by a teenager dressed in a Robin costume. That's what my life has become now. So this is the moment I'm starting to regret lots of decisions –and I can't believe I draw the line here and not with the tiger boy, the possessed girl or the evil nurses.

"This is awesome! Robin and Robin, in action."

"Who the hell are you?" Dick asks, the boy looks back to me unsure about replying before looking back to him. "She knows."

"Jason Todd. The new Robin. Robin 2.0, right? Hey seriously man, it's an honor to meet you." The boy –Jason- praises him, offering his fist. The former Robin stares at him, looking unimpressed and honestly pissed off, but fist bumps the kid nevertheless. "I always wondered what this moment was gonna be like. Never thought that when it happened, I'd be saving your life. And rescuing a beautiful girl, what's your name babe?"

"Call me "babe" again and I'll cut you open, kid."

"Feisty, I like it." The boy smirks at me, earning an eye roll from the older one.

"So, there's a new Robin, eh?"

"Yours truly. In the flesh"

"Does Batman know you're here?"

"Of course. Bruce knows how badly I've always wanted to meet you. Pick your brain, catch a couple of pointers. He's all "go for it, bro." Hey, let me go grab my clothes. I'll be right back."

When I see Jason run away from us I lean on the car, a little laugh passing though my lips as I face the other Robin. He's pissed as fuck, maybe even jealous. The thought of being replaced not sitting well on him, that and the fact that Batman hadn't told him.

"I'm glad you think this is funny."

"Oh c'mon. He's cute, like a puppy version of Birdie Boy."

"Don't call him that."

"What? Cute or Birdie Boy?" I tease him. Dick sends me a serious glare, but I can help but smile at his jealousy. "Not need to be jealous, you know you're my only vigilante. He seems so young, yet he's older than both of us when we started. He's cocky too, and more flirty than you were. There's something good about new blood, don't you think?"

"He's a pain in the ass."

"Hey," my hand goes to rest on his arm, "he idolizes you. It's obvious and understandable. You were the first Robin and he's living up to that. Plus you're brothers now, right? So maybe remove the stick up your ass?"

"You're a pain in the ass too, you know that?"

"Yes, but you think I'm pretty." I wink at him, walking to open the car's door when Jason reaches us.

[ / ] [ / ] [ / ]

After a very awkward car drive and elevator ride we finally make it to the safe house the billionaire had all around the country. It looked like one of those houses you see on TV, always too clean and too perfect to be real.

"If an injury has to be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not to be feared. Severities should be dealt out all at once, so that their suddenness may give less offense. Benefits ought to be handed out drop by drop, so they may be relished the more" Dick quotes absently, he must have heard it a lot to have it that internalized.

"Well that's fucking dark." I say, jumping to seat on the table next to both Robin suits. "Bet he's a lot of fun at parties."

"You know, I used to read about you as a kid. Bruce told me tons of stories about you."