Astrid

       It was a nice sunny day the days where hot here in the Blue Ridge Mountains

       It was a nice sunny day the days where hot here in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I had just moved to the small town of Astrid. Named after the living goddess that went missing in 1706. I bought her family home and was just moving in. As i was driving to my new house I see a guy selling tapestries. I pull over and get out. "Who made these?" I ask as the man frezzes up. "My employer sir. Shes mostly ill and makes these for treatment." He says as someone buys the last one. I sigh and finish the drive.  I was told to leave the very top floor alone for some odd reason. I sigh as i pull up.

The house is amazing

The house is amazing. The stones aregonal but they have  added electricity to the house except for one floor. I look up and see a women in a blue dress in the top floor. The floor I'm not supposed to go into.

          I finish unpacking when i turn around and see her. She looks sad and shy. "I'm Aaron. Why are you here?" I ask as she sits down. "I am Astrid. This has always been my home." She says as i look at her. She has dark hair and tan skin. Full lips and green eyes.  "Are you the girl that went missing?" I ask her and she nods. "Why don't you just crossover?" I ask her as she looks at me with her sad green eyes. "I am not dead but i am not ageing." She says as i go to put a hand on her shoulder. But instead of resting on her shoulder my hand goes thru her. I jump back as she flees to her floor. I jump up and run to the computer. I type in the name of the town and look at the history.  

           I sit at the table and look up. As she glides into the room. "Why did you look Falls Vill up? Not much goes on in this small town" She saying sitting across from me. "Astrid the town recently changed its name to honor you." I tell her as she looks at me surprised. "They did that for me? Why?" She asks me. "Because they  want some closer for your death." I say as the water boils and the fire in the fireplace shoots up. "I AM NOT DEAD I WAS CURSED!" She yells looking at me. Then the old man from the farmers market runs down. "My lady please calm down." He says as she takes a deep breath. "Believe what you want but I am not dead." She says as she gets up and walks away. I sit there and think of what she just said. Not dead but cursed.  I get up and fallow her to her floor. "Astrid what was that?" The old man asks as she paces. "The witch said when she dies the last person she curses will get her powers. Ben the day I went to her and talked to her she said that was the last spell she was doing. She's dead." Astrid says as she sits down. "Then you can left the curse and be free." Ben states happily.  Astrid looks up at him and shakes her head. "She tried Ben but that spell can not be taken back. Only love can and who would love someone like me? He could not hold me or kiss me. And let's face it Ben I am not very pretty." She says sobbing. "Ben I am a witch know. I am a freak and someone destined for a lonely  life." She stands up and walks out of sight. Why on earth would she think that. I take a deep breath and knock on the door acting like i didn't just hear everything. "Astrid i was wondering if you would like to join me for my meals when I'm home." I call out as she opens the door. "Why would you want to have me eat with you?" She asks as I smile softly down at her. "Because I am sharing a beautiful house with a beautiful girl and I want to get to know you Astrid." I say as she looks back at Ben. He pushes her tourd me and I catch her. "Fine. Lets go I am famish." She says pulling away. "I thought you were untouchable!" I call out to her following her down stairs. "I can be solid to eat. And from 5 to 9." She calls out. I get two plates out and start cooking chicken alfredo. As i put the sauce on she clears her throat. "Cooking time is to slow and the hours dwindle make our meal appear hot and ready." I hear  her whisper as a faint pop  sound comes from behind me. I turn to look at her and see two steaming plates full of chicken alfredo on the table. She's looking bug eyed at the plates. "What the? How did you do that?" I ask sitting down. "I was joking i did not think that would happen!" She says laughing looking at me. "It's safe i promise." She adds as i pick up a fork. "So Astrid. Which was you room in the house. "The master bed as the agent put it." She says as i drop my fork. That's my bedroom. She stops chewing and swallows the food coughing. She reaches for the empty glass. I jump up and fix her a glasses of water. I hand it to her and she gulps a sip down. "I am sorry it is just... That was my room." She says as I look at her.

        I walk her up to the room she looks at it in discuse. "What have they done to my room?!" She whispers, eyeing the carpet. I do admit i don't care for the carpet too much. "Why don't we re-make the room into a room me and you like." I offer her as she looks up at me. "How i can not go with you to the store to help?" She asks sounding confused. I look at the half full room that took up half the floor. "We don't have to leave the house." I state as she looks at me confused. I laugh and take her hand.