"I know you, Kat. You worry about me too much. Why can't you trust me?" She asked with a sad hopeful expression.

                   "Because I've known you since we were in the womb and know what you're like, so I'm staying till you leave." I turned back towards my room but stopped as a thought occurred to me. "By the way I might come home early, might not, so if I find Nathan here he'll be singing soprano,." I said with an evil laugh. With a last glance at her face, which was priceless, I went back to my room to grab my purse and phone.

                   I was kidding whenever I threatened Nathan. If she was happy then I was happy. I'd only hurt him if he ever broke Kendra's heart. I just like seeing her reactions to my threats. She should be grateful I don't say threaten him to his face.

                   The doorbell rang just as I grabbed my purse. "I got it Kat," Kendra said as she walked past my room. I bet you do, I thought as I followed to see her open the front door with a smile.

                   "Hey baby. You look beautiful," Nathan said as he stepped inside and handed Kendra a bouquet of white roses, her favorite. He kissed her cheek "You ready to go? We have a reservation at nine."

                    "Yeah, just let me get my purse." She hurried to her room, giving me a look as she past me that clearly said, Go away before you embarrass me.

                    I rolled my eyes. "Fine."

                    I walked back to my room to get my own purse as I waited for them to leave. I grabbed my phone off my bed and saw I had five new texts from my best friend Sky.

Sky text: Hey can't wait to see u! When do u think ull get to the club?

Sky text: U here?

Sky text: Kat?

Sky text: Hellooooooo???

Sky text: Where u at kitty Kat?! (hehe that rhymed...)

I rolled my eyes at the amount of texts but chuckled at the last one.

My text: Haha had 2 wait till Kennie left

Sky text: K well hurry up! Call when u get here

My text: Will do. Leaving now. See u in a few.

                    I locked my iPhone, grabbed my purse and keys, and locked the front door as I left before walking to my blood red '68 Shelby Mustang convertible (another gift from the parents. Kennie had a blue '67 Camero). I got in and put the keys in the ignition. It roared, like a lion, to life. God, I'll never get tired of that sound. My heart beat sped up in excitement every time I hear it.

                     It didn't take me long to get to the club where I was meeting the girls. As I looked for a parking spot I called Sky. "Hey, I'm here. I'm parking now."

                     I could hear the smile in her voice. "Okay, we'll meet you inside the door." She hung up and I put the phone in my pocket.

                     I quickly parked and shut the engine off as I got out, with my purse in hand and walked the short distance from the parking garage to the club across the street from it.

                     It was a dancing club, of course. Ever since we met as kids we loved to dance. After high school I stayed local and went to a community college while the other four were accepted by four separate colleges hundreds of miles apart but we always kept in touch. Tonight was a homecoming of sorts because the gang is back together; we're finally done with college and back home.