Chapter 3

Jorel was sitting in his new shared room. He kept pacing around for a bit then he would sit down. He couldn't understand how him and Lucifer could be soul mates.
   He looked at his own mark and the thought hit him. He was nothing like Lucifer. How could he be Lucifer's mate? Jorel cared for others while Lucifer didn't. Also Jorel was the lowest rank of demon growing up and had to work hard to get to where he was now, but Lucifer was born into royalty and didn't have to work for a thing. Jorel didn't know if this relationship would go well. He didn't want his soul to be taken he couldn't be Lucifer's soulmate if he lost his soul.
   "Jorel are you okay?" Lucifer asked as he had walked into the room.
  "Y-yeah I'm fine," Jorel replied as he quickly stopped pacing.
   "Your wings are twitching so I know that's a lie because your the only demon who's wings twitch when you are lying. Tell me the truth Jorel." Lucifer commanded.
   "I-I'm just worried that this relationship won't work. We are completely different, and l-last time I checked those types of relationships don't work out in the demon world. I should now...my mom had six different mates. I-I still don't even know how to control my feelings yet! How can we know that I won't do something stupid that will make me lose my soul?" Jorel let everything spill out.
   Lucifer walked to Jorel and kissed the smaller male's nose before pulling him close.
   "Listen to me. The Lucifer every demon sees isn't the same Lucifer you will see. I have to be mean and tough around every other demon because I'm their king, but I'm not as mean and tough around my mate. We are soul mates Jorel meaning fate picked us as mates. Also, why would I take my soul mate's soul? Even if you mess up that soul will stay right where it is," Lucifer replied in a gentle tone.
   Jorel smiled and hugged him, nuzzling his face into the crook of Lucifer's neck. He let out an oddly soft purr as Lucifer rubbed his back lovingly. Jorel's heart felt at peace for once. It always felt like it was going to burst out of his chest, but now it seemed content on staying where it was.
   Lucifer moved Jorel, who whined, but went and laid on the bed telling Jorel to lay beside him. Jorel happily walked over to the bed and laid down beside Lucifer. He nuzzled his face back into the crook of Lucifer's neck, who didn't mind his mate nuzzling against his neck.
   Lucifer hummed as he rubbed Jorel's back. Jorel found himself getting rather drowsy. The scent of his mate, the soft sound of him humming, and the loving touch of his mate was relaxing him. He yawned rather loudly which cause him to blush since yawning around another demon meant you trusted them enough to be completely vulnerable by falling asleep.
   "Sleep my sweet mate. I will still be here when you wake up," Lucifer told Jorel.
   Jorel blushed more his ears turning red as he slowly closed his eyes.
  "Love you Lucy," he whispered before falling asleep.
  Lucifer heard it and surprisingly blushed a dark red. He pulled Jorel closer, so Jorel was laying on him a bit.
   "I love you too Jorel," Lucifer said as he closed his own eyes. It wasn't long before sleep had taken over him as well.
   Jorel woke up about two hours later to someone rubbing his soul mate mark. He purred as he looked up at Lucifer who smiled at him.
  "That feels nice," Jorel purred out.
   "Watch this," Lucifer said.
   Jorel watched Lucifer put their wrist together which caused their marks to touch. He jumped as he felt bolts of warmth shoot up his arm from his mark.
  "W-woah," Jorel studdered out.
   "You know what I just did don't you?" Lucifer asked him.
   "Yes you just bonded us together. We can feel what the other is feeling now. Which is only something soul mates can do," Jorel replied happily.
   "Why are you still so nervous Jorel?" Lucifer asked, sounding worried.
  "I'm worried about Perez and what everyone else will say about me. What if Perez spreads things about me or others hate me?" Jorel whimpered.
   Jorel felt a strong wave of an emotion he couldn't name rush through him. He quickly realized what it was. Lucifer was feeling protective over him.
   "I will cut their throats out with a dull knife," Lucifer hissed out.
   Jorel purred loudly. To a demon those words actually meant a lot because a dull knife was harder to cut with and made the person being cut suffer. So Lucifer was willing to make a demon suffer if they said something bad about him.
  "I'm the luckiest demon in all of hell to have such an amazing soul mate," Jorel stated.
  Lucifer gently grabbed Jorel's chin and pulled his face closer to his. Jorel's body exploded in shocks of tingling sparks as Lucifer gently kissed him. Jorel closed his eyes and kissed back happily. His mind screamed you are kissing the ruler of hell. The kiss was only a few seconds long but it was enough for Jorel to forget everything he had been worried about. Jorel knew one thing for sure he and Lucifer where mates and not even fate could change that.