she soon spotted the woman with the baby on her hip. she went over and grabbed the pacifier that was attached to the babys shirt and put it in her mouth. i saw many people silently praise her as the baby finally became quiet for the first time since we stepped on the plane.

asian ignored anything the woman said after that and grabbed her things off the belt and came over to us. we walked out of the airport and remy was talking to someone on the phone. i think her mom or something was supposed to be picking us up.

"who's picking us up again?" cordae asked. "her uncle" nick responded.

_

"y'all can leave your stuff in the car and i'll bring it in later" remy's uncle melvin said to us. we got out and went inside the house, finding a bunch of people inside. i find it very amusing that in this time that must be very hard on the family, people think you want company.

i shook my head as i just followed everyone. remy and nick stopped to talk to people since they knew everyone here. i was just smiling and waving at people that acknowledged me. i saw jay and cordae go into the kitchen so i decided to follow. when i went in i found them hugging an older woman that looked like remy. not too much but they had similar facial features and same skin complexion. "we're so sorry for your loss ms simone" cordae said to the woman. the woman just smiled and thanked them for being here.

i guess i was eyeing them for a while because she looked at me. she said something to jay which caused them to at me. "oh this is kelsie, she's our friend asian's little sister and remy's friend" cordae introduced me and motioned for me to come over. i awkwardly smiled and walked over to the ms simone.

"hi, uh i just wanted to say that i've been in this exact situation before when i was younger and i send out all my condolences to your family" i said looking at her. she smiled softly and took my hand into hers, "any friend of remy's is family so thank you kelsie. i'm very sorry for the loss of your father as well"

"aww you family now lil nigga!" jay exclaimed nudging my shoulder. we all stopped and looked at him. "oh not the time? aighh" he spoke before backing up and ms simone laughed and shook her head.

"ma, the guys from the funeral home came to speak to you" a male voice spoke from the other side of the room. ms simone looked behind me and nodded. she let go of my hands and smiled at me. i smiled back and she walked away. she said something to the boy and left the room. the boy looked at us and damn, he fine as hell. his skin was a smooth caramel, nice teeth, a little mustache and beard coming in and his plump lips were wet from him licking them.

"wassup, i'm remy's brother adonis" he said. this boy looks nothing like remy but i've never seen their dad so maybe thats who he looks like. he went on to dap jay and cordae as they introduced themselves. then he stopped infront of me.

"i'm kelsie" i said as he put his hand out. i shook his hand and he winked at me before walking away. i bit my lip as i watched him walk away. "kelsie you better relax before you lips starts bleeding" jay laughed. i rolled my eyes at him and shoved him away from me.

"ADONIS!" i heard remy scream before jumping on her brother. damn i ain't never seen someone this happy to see their sibling. i remember i spent a couple months away from asian and when i got back, we gave each other a head nod and went about our lives.

"how's boarding school?" she asked him. he shook his head, "mane that shit lame as hell but i'm pulling through, how's cali treating you?" he said looking at nick. "great, you remember nick right? from alabama?"

"yeahh the chubby lightskin nigga with the hair"

"well he's my boyfriend now"

"ohhh, wassup man" adonis said dapping nick up. "how y'all cross paths again?" he asked. "he came to the graduation party, something you missed.." remy trailed off. "i had finals, i can't afford to fail. ma would kill me but aye, what happen to cameron?"

remy became silent but nick spoke for her, "she don't like speaking on that but he's out of the picture for good"

adonis nodded before changing the subject.

_

i sat in silence as remy's family was all gathered in the living room talking about memories and things in that nature. i sat inbetween remy and jay, resting my head on remy's shoulder and she continued to talk. it was nice to see her open up again, she seemed a lot happier with her family. everything was going fine until this woman who i believed was her aunt asked a question about valentina.

"you sure found a lot of friends in california but where's valentina? you two were closer than i don't know what"

remy sighed. i knew it was exhausting that everyone kept asking her about cameron and valentina. just as she was about to respond my eyes drifted towards the doorway and i lifted my head off her shoulder.

"speak of the devil.." i trailed off, nodding my head towards the door. everyone turned their heads towards the doorway and there stood valentina and cameron.