03x02 extra scene

Addition to the end of episode two, so spoilers unless you're caught up :)

"Liebes," Albert's German accent was no more than a whisper. It had taken him more than ten minutes to find his wife; it was their first time at Osborne, how was he supposed to know where she was going to go hide when she was angry?

"Not now Albert," Victoria stared out the window of the small sitting room. 

"Victoria, please this is not rational. I was only trying to keep you safe." He said, taking a seat next to her on the small bench.

"When will you stop treating me as though I am a child? Who was the one who has actually spoken to a Chartist?" She whipped her head around, eyes narrowed. "Me, Albert, me. Not you. Not Wellington. And now everyone will think I am a coward," her voice broke off, and she turned around, looking at the gorgeous greenery outside. 

"So that's the worst of it, ja? You are safe Liebes. And that is all I could ever ask for. I was prepared to take any precaution to keep you away from harm."

"I should've been there."

"And what if they had been violent-yes, I know they weren't," Albert preemptively countered his wife's argument, placing a hand on hers, that sat folded in her lap. "If they had been violent, and if anything had happened to you, or the children... I couldn't live with myself."

Victoria looked down at her lap, toying with her husband's fingers. After a long pause, she looked up at him. "I'm being rather stubborn. Aren't I?" 

Albert chuckled, kissing her lightly on the head. "I don't care. As long as you are safe."

"Well... I suppose a holiday never did anyone any harm," Victoria smirked, kissing Albert for what seemed like the first time in months.  He unlaced his fingers from hers, and wrapped them around her waist pulling her close against his chest. "The bedchamber?" She breathed shakily in between kisses.

Albert nodded vigorously, kissing her one more time, just as the door opened. 

"Oh-" Feodora opened the door, choking on her words. 

"Feo, what do you need?" Victoria huffed, adjusting her dress.  Albert's face flushed deep red, and refused to meet Feo's gaze.

"Sorry, I was only looking for my quarters- and I thought Buckingham was big," she laughed shrilly, before composing herself. "But never mind, I shall leave you... It would appear you are... preoccupied," Feodora gave Albert one last fleeting glance before shutting the door behind her.

"Honestly. It's like she left her manners in Langenburg." 

"I believe that is the case," Albert agreed, standing stiffly, Feodora's touch still lingering on his arm from earlier. "Never mind her though. I believe you had a rather good idea earlier."

"Glad you thought so," Victoria smirked, grabbing his hand and leading him out of the room.