Chapter 2: It Can't Be Him

“Moritz.”
That was who you recognized him as.
Moritz Stiefel from Deaf West's production of Spring Awakening, the musical you would never stop talking about.
Of course, with your excellent luck, you saw Alex look up and around his surroundings.
Oh.
You said that out loud.
His eyes settled on you and you felt your cheeks heat up from the embarrassment.
“Yes..?” Alex asked in response. You felt your heartbeat speed up.
“Oh- uh, hi. I was just- I was trying to figure out where I've seen you.” Alex nodded and seemed to relax a little.
“Well, I guess you figured it out.”
“Yeah, I guess I did,” you replied with a nervous laugh. You looked down at your cart and suddenly remembered why you had come to this section. You looked up to inform Alex that you should probably get back to shopping, but he was gone.
That went well.
You sighed and picked up the cat food you came for, put it in your cart, and scampered off to the check out line.
Your brain was so scattered from meeting Alex that you didn't see him standing outside as you left the store.
“Hey!” he called after you. You stopped in your tracks and turned around to face him.
“Hey, Alex!” you replied cheerfully, trying not to reveal the fact that you were screaming inside.
“You know, I never caught your name.”
“Probably because I never said it,” you answered jokingly.
He chuckled softly at that and walked up to you.
“Seriously. If we're gonna keep running into each other like this, I might as well know what to call you.”
You told him your name and he nodded.
“Well, Y/n, it was nice to meet you.”
“Nice to meet you, too, Alex.”
You walked back to your car and sat there for a few minutes, your head spinning from everything that had happened. You shook the thoughts out of your head and started driving back home.
Your cat was probably hungry and impatient.
You still couldn't get Alex out of your head, though. He seemed friendlier than most of the strangers you had met at the local store.
Maybe he was just humoring a fan.
Let's go with that.