She raised her sunglasses from her eyes, walking through the long hallway to the front foyer.

Standing next to the doorway, looking amazed at his surroundings was Kenny. Wendy let out a small gasp, but Kenny still heard it, his eyes snapping to Wendy.

He rubbed the back of his neck. Wendy noticed that was a bad habit of his whenever he got nervous. She found it quite adorable.

"Uh– hey," he started, eyes quickly taking in her figure wrapped in the towel. Her tan legs were glistening in a light sheen of sweat, sending the boy head over heels.

"Hi? Kenny, how do you know where I live?" Wendy asked, just a little freaked out to see him in her home.

"Well, I remember you telling me you live in Glen Head. So I had to do some heavy research and turns out your parents are quite popular and your address was on the internet. Y'know that sounded so much better in my head," he chuckled nervously. Wendy still looked at him with a confused face.

"I, uh– lost my phone, so that's why I haven't been able to contact you. And today was the only day that I had managed to build up the courage to go and find you, so, here I am," he gestured towards his presence in her house.

Wendy wasn't going to lie, she found the thought flattering.

"Well," she cleared her throat, standing up a bit straighter, "I must admit this is a bit creepy. But, I appreciate the notion."

Kenny let out a breath of air, a smile finding its way on his face.

"I was just gonna go for a swim if you'd like to join," Wendy invited, pursing her lips.

"I didn't bring a bathing suit," Kenny frowned.

"You can borrow one of my brother's. Come, follow me," she started up the stairs.

"So, you live here?" He questioned, mentally facepalming himself for the stupid question.

Wendy laughed, "I do. Thank goodness you showed up, in all honesty. I was getting quite bored being in this house alone."

"You're alone?"

"Yeah, my family is currently traveling the world."

"And why aren't you? Sorry I don't mean to pry," he stammered.

"It's fine. I chose not to go. My friends are going away for college so I wanted to make the most of the summer before they leave," Wendy shrugged, opening the door to her brother's room. Even with him gone for over two weeks, the infamous smell of weed still lingered in the air. Although putrid, she felt it somewhat comforting, like her brother was still here.

She dug through his dresser, ripping out a pair of swim trunks. "Here you are. You can go change in the bathroom in the hall, right across from this room. I'll just be in my room for a minute."

As soon as Kenny closed the door to the bathroom, Wendy sprinted towards her room. She threw her hair into a bun wanting the curly mess out of her face. She changed at lightning speed into a much cuter one-piece bathing suit than her boring bikini that she used to even out her tan.

Spraying a spritz of perfume on, Wendy hurried out of her room the same time Kenny was exiting the bathroom.

"Ready?" She spoke, giving him a once over. She could look at his body for hours on end.

He nodded his head and the two ventured back down the stairs and into the backyard. He whistled at the sight in front of him. The grass was freshly cut, and the yard was surrounded by a mass of trees that separated them from the other houses around.