ii. babbling like a baby

minho was first to wake up. his bedhead was prominent and practically asked to be combed through; but he didn't really care. no, the first thing he noticed was the feeling of a strong arm wrapped around his waist, and how he embarrassedly wished it was the stranger's arm from the previous night. he turned to face juyeon, carefully caressing the boy's cheek to sweetly wake him up. "juyeonie~" he cooed; all he got was a small and murmured nag.

he briefly quirked his nose into a scrunch at this, a small habit when he was annoyed at a young age. "juyeon." he murmured, trying to be as sweet and considerate as possible towards his just awakened friend. his friend grumbled at this, shifting his arm away from minho's waist. "i'm up...lee know." he lazily smiled, goofily and lowly laughing at challenging the younger's anger in the morning. the younger embarrassingly cried out a "juyeonie!" before taking out the pillow lying under his bedhead and smacking it right onto the ladder's head.

"alright, alright..." juyeon winced out, throwing the pillow to the side. minho calmed down at this...that is, before juyeon continued. "so you gonna tell me about your blueberry prince or not?" he cooly voiced, propping himself up by the elbow and calmly staring down minho for an answer.

minho whined at this, not wanting to explain but keeping his end of the deal—curse his need for cuddles that night.

"fine... i wanted the plushie, so i spent the change i had on me trying to get it..." he trailed off, staring at the fated plushie from across the room, smiling softly at the sight of it in a chair. juyeon must have woken up in the middle of the night and put it there. the mentioned male quirked a brow, urging minho to continue. "i got frustrated because i hate prize claw and i shoved my arm in; best mistake... just when i lose all hope, he comes to the rescue."

"...who?" juyeon entertains, smile tugging at his lip to get the name of which he'd mention to get his friend flustered.

"plushie boy." minho says, dumbfounded by having to mention who it was, not quite getting juyeon wanted a name.

"no— i mean, what's his name?" juyeon clarifies.

"plushi- oh my god... i...didn't ask..." minho scratches at his cheek nervously over having to refer to the boy without his name.

"you WHAT!?!? minho, you always ask!" juyeon sits up at that, recalling even how scarily quick minho got chan's name.

"i got caught up in things and realized i had the key to the house and you didn't— i— it's your fault!" minho explains things off the whim but then tries shifting the situation to juyeon in particular.

"stop pointing fingers! you're the one who lost your soulmate here!" juyeon sits up on the edge of the bed and starts getting up.

"shut UP he's not my soulmate, he's just a really... prettyandsweet stranger!" minho's ears go red as he mutters the last part.

"same thing!" juyeon sneers, midstretch as he turns his head slightly to tease him.

— time skip —

"lee know, do you want to go to the bar today?"

minho scoffs, deciding to let the name slide for once. replying, but questioning why they would go. "and why would i do that?"

"i'm gonna meet kevin-hyung there, my shift is gonna start." juyeon slips on a coat, ready for the cold air to hit once he steps outside.

"why do i care about your shift?" minho probes, somehow suspicious at this.

"...slightly free drinks?" juyeon trails off, slipping on some dress shoes, as part of the uniform.

minho ponders before nodding. "fair enough, i'll go— you had me at slightly free."