Chapter 2: I prefer the name, Hottie

The day went by quickly, which was surprising since fate has never been on my side.

Before I knew it, I found myself walking into my U.S. history class. I walk to the very back and take a seat in the last row, surprise, surprise.

I struggle to concentrate as more and more students fill the classroom, none of them being Noah. I don't give up hope, though. He could show up at any time.

As if the universe heard my thoughts, and granted my wishes, Noah casually enters the classroom, just seconds before the bell rings.

I watch as he walks to the very back and takes a seat right next to me. You know that moment where you feel like your heart is beating so hard and so loud that you feel like it's just going to explode right out of your chest? Yeah, that's me right now...

"Hello, love. Miss me?" He says to me casually, as if those four words weren't the very reason for my mini heart attack right now.

"H-hi." I answer back, breathlessly. I try to conjure up more words, but nothing comes out.

"Aw, do I have an affect on you?" He sounds almost amused at this situation. He just loves to tease me.

"N-no. I don't know what you're talking about." Well that was convincing.

"Oh really?" I watched as his hand flew to mine and he traced circles in my palm. My breathe hitched and I could feel the butterflies wanting to burst out of me.

I roll my eyes. "Whatever. Oh and sorry I keep stuttering. I honestly don't know why I do it, but it's annoying."

"Don't be. I think it's cute." I think you're cute.

I immediately start choking on air, because I can't just be subtle about ANYTHING.

"Woah, woah, woah. Are you good, love?" Peter Kavinsky, who? I swear he just calls me love to screw with me.

He starts to pat my back to try and help and surprisingly my coughing attack subsides.

"I'm good, now." I flash him a thankful smile and he returns it with a wink. "Thanks."

"Anything for you, love." Wink.

While we were having our little moment, we didn't even notice the whole entire class had it's eyes on us, including the teacher...

"You two, what are your names? And why are you interrupting my class with your PDA?" I almost choked on air again.

Noah speaks up. "Sir, my name is Noah. And this is my beautiful girlfriend, Lauren." Again, I'm on the verge of choking on air for the millionth time.

"Well, Noah and Lauren? Please keep your PDA out of my classroom."

"Will do, sir." Sir? What a gentleman.

I'm still unable to find words for what just happened. I look over at my so-called boyfriend, only to find him smirking at me. Is my uncomfortableness amusing?

Noah leans over and moves a strand of my hair away to whisper in my ear. "Sorry for getting you in trouble, love. I hope you can forgive me." His lips brush my ear which shoots tingles up and down my spine.

I ignore him and return my attention to the teacher. This is going to be a long school year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day seemed to fly by. It was finally time to go home. Sadly, I had to walk since Lexi had cheer practice after school, and Zach had to go straight to a job interview.

I didn't really mind it all that much. I actually kinda liked the quiet sometimes. I mean it wasn't exactly quiet since I had Shawn Mendes blasting through my earbuds.

As I was jamming to I don't even know your name, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I screamed and almost backhanded the owner of said hand, until I realized who it was.

Noah.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, love." He looked so cute, the way he innocently smiled at me.

"I-it's fine. I just get paranoid, sometimes."

"There you go again, being cute." This boy is going to be the death of me. "Anyways, don't we all get a little paranoid?"

"Yeah, I guess so." I looked up at him to find his vivid green eyes staring into my soul. "So, why are you here exactly?" Wow, that couldn't have sounded more rude. Way to go, Lauren.

"What? Is it so bad to want to make sure that my girlfriend gets home safely?" He gave me that stupid smirk again. I swear, I almost slapped it off his adorable face.

"First of all, I'm not your girlfriend. And second, why are you really walking me home?" I sounded kinda like a brat right now, but I was curious.

"Noted. Well I was just walking home myself, when I saw you and I figured this was the best moment to ask you."

"Ask me what?"

"If you would be my date to this party tomorrow night?" I gaped at him and was about to argue when he continued speaking. "And don't be short with me. You don't even have to give me an answer right now."

I take in everything he's said and nod. "Okay."

"Here. Let me give you my number so when you finally decide to say yes, you can give me a call." He puts his hand out and I sigh, defeated, as I hand him my phone.

"There. Now you have my number and I have yours." I look at him, confused, then realize he texted himself from my phone. Of course.

He made his contact name "Hottie😍". Why am I not surprised?? Oh and the text he sent himself from my phone said "hey hottie". Like I said, not surprised.

"So what's my name in your phone, Hottie?"

He smiled as he handed me his phone. I glanced at it and it said "Love💞". Wow. This boy sure knows how to render a girl speechless.

I give him a little shove in the shoulder. "Weirdo."

"I prefer the name, Hottie." He smirks at me and I refrain from shoving him again...this time into traffic.

We continue walking til we reach my house. "Well, this is my stop." I stand there awkwardly, waiting for him to say something to break the awkwardness. This isn't a movie, Lauren. You don't get to escape the awkwardness with a kiss.

"Ok. Well, I'll see you tomorrow? And I hope your answer is yes. But no pressure." Wink.

And with that, he offered a wave and turned on his heel. I stood on my doorstep for a moment, watching him retreat, as he made his way home.

That's when I realized, his home just happened to be right next door to me.

WOW I LOVE THIS STORY!! I FEEL LIKE BY WRITING IT IM READING IT WITH YOU GUYS! I'M LEGIT THINKING OF IT AS I GO. YES, I DO HAVE SOME IDEAS FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF CHAPTERS, BUT EVEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S BOUND TO HAPPEN! STAY TUNED!!!