0.01

Chapter 1-

"I'll always be yours."

"Riah!" Banging on the door woke Mariah up. She groaned, hungover.

"Riah, Get your ass up! Church in 5 " The yelling came through the door once again and it was annoying.

"Im UP" Mariah yelled back. Mariah opened her eyes, the sunlight peeped into the room through the messy curtains, and made her groan.

She knew she drank too much the night before, but she didn't care. It was a fun night. She turned her head and saw a guy she didn't know, naked beside her. Rolling her eyes, she shook the dude.

"Yo, leave. You gotta go" After she shoved her for the last time, he got up, dressed himself and left. She hurriedly threw on a baggy shirt and some jean shorts, her cut, and grabbed her shoes. Sitting down, she finished getting ready and knew that she had about 1 minute before one of the guys bitched her off for not being in church.

"Hey Winston, have a good night" Jax Teller, her best friend, mocked her for having sex with a random guy she didn't know.

"A girl has needs, Teller" She smirked and took her seat between Jax and Bobby.

"OK, What's new?" Clay took his seat and lit his cigar. Everyone thought for a moment.

"Irish are running near their deadline, we need the 12k." Bobby said and Riah lit up a cigarette and  listened.

"Agreed, Jax and Chibs, you make that deal happen, do whatever you have to do. " They took their orders and let it be. "Riah, anything with Unser" He asked Mariah.

"Well, He's about to retire, Im trying to convince him we need him and not Hale, but, It's taking a lot of Convincing, but I got it." Clay nodded at her response.

The rest of the church meeting was just about budgeting and the town. Things the club needs to be aware of and things they would want to do. Everyone knew what they needed to do and got out of church.

"Jesus Christ, Im hungover " Riah groaned which made Juice and Jax laugh.

"Yeah, you drank half the bar yourself Ri" Jax chuckled, which earned him a look.

"Fuck you blondie" Was all Riah had to say, she wore her sunglasses because sitting outside the light was just terrible.

"Mariah! You're hubby is here " Mariah eyed her big brother, as if to tell him to shut the hell up. Carl was her ex husband, not her current husband. He was an abusive bastard. Mariah walked towards the customer parking area of the Teller - Morrow Garage. She saw the brunette man standing by his car, arms crossed and sunglasses on.

" What are you doin' here Carl?" Mariah asked with a stern voice. He smirked at her.

" I want my diamond back" He pointed to the ring that was around her neck on a silver chain. She unclasped the clamp and tossed it to him.

"We done here?" She didn't want to be anywhere near him, not after what he's done to her.

"You really think the playboy wants anything to do with you?" He looked over at Jax, and Jax gave him a dirty look.

" I don't want to be with anyone, Carl, You're an abusive asshole, and that's why we're divorced. " Mariah then walked away, and back to the group. Angry. The guys could tell that something was wrong. And watched her as she stormed into the clubhouse.

"You wanna check on her or should I ?" Opie asked Jax, his best friend.

"I don't know, man" Jax tells op honestly.

"You go head, she just lies and says she's fine with me" Op tells his best friend, worried about his baby sister and what shes going through with this divorce.

Jax knocked on Mariah's door, waiting for her response. But all he heard was sniffles, and soft music playing in the background most likely from her laptop. Mariah lived here at the clubhouse. She left her place which she lived with Carl at, and he refused to leave. So she took her name off the lease, and let him have the house.

"Ri?" Jax opened the door just a crack, and peeked in. He saw her clothes discarded in a straight line to her bathroom. "Ri? It's me" Jax called out, and she sighed.

"Im fine, Jackson" He could tell by the sound of her voice that she was lying. He walked in and leaned against her counter, waiting for her to finish. It wasn't the first time he'd ever seen her naked, and he knew she didn't really mind.

"I know you're lying. What did he say to you?" Jax asked. She washed the conditioner out of her hair as he asked this and she didn't want to tell him.

"Let's just say it involves you, Jax" Is all she told him. When she got out the shower, he was gone.

***

Jax made sure that Carl was about to be home soon. Juice had run the times he works at the hospital and what times he's off. Jax had always hated carl, and remembers telling Mariah not to marry him. Due to his past relationships. Jax is always protective of Mariah, for reasons he can't really explain.

Jax was seated in the dark, in Mariah's old house. The house that Jax and her picked out together when she turned 18. That was 3 years ago. He watched as Carl walked in, put his keys in the bowl, and threw down his Satchel on the couch. Turning on the lights, is when Jax decided to speak.

"Why is it you like to talk about my club?" Jax spoke deeply.

"jesus Christ, Jax!" Carl gasped and stumbled back a bit."And I don't talk about your club, just you" Carl added. Jax raised his eye brow.

"And why is that?" Jax had his arms crossed as he leaned back on the chair. Carl sighed.

"The Only reason that Mariah Lynn left me was for you." Jax chuckled.

"Yeah, I doubt that" Jax shooed off the comment.

"You really are blind, aren't you?" Carl says which makes Jax stand up. "She's been in love with you since she was a kid, and she's 21 now, and you can't even say the same." Carl laughed.

***

It was dark now, Jax had been gone for more than a few hours. Mariah sat on the swing of the playground the guys installed for all the kids of the club. She heard a car door, and someone walking towards her.

"Hey, Mariah." Tara Knowles, Spoke to her. " Have you seen Jax" Mariah shook her head.

"Nah, he's been gone since this afternoon, sorry." Tara nodded and got back into her car and was about to leave when Jax pulled into the lot. Parking his bike by Taras car.

"I'll meet you at home, I need to talk to Mariah about Carl" Jax kissed her cheek.

"okay Baby" Tara got back into the car and headed to the home they shared together.

"Ri?" Jax spoke softly. Mariah had still been upset since Carl stopped by. And nobody blamed her. Mariah looked up at Jax, as he sat beside her on the other swing.

" Where'd you go today?" Mariah asked him. Jax looked at her.

"Just out, but im going to tell you something." Jax says and this makes Mariah look at him confused.

"What's that?" Mariah asked with a small smile.

"i'll always be yours, Mariah Lynn" And with that, He left.