chapter twenty; part one

Start from the beginning

She just laughed and started to head out of the room.

“I’ll be downstairs, waiting for you two to get dressed so we can have a nice little chat.” She closed the door and headed down the steps.

I looked at Morgan who grabbed me and kissed me pulling me up onto his lap

“We better get dressed before she comes back up,” Morgan said getting up from bed and tossing me the shirt he gave me last night, my bra and panties and grabbing a pair of sweats that I could wear.

We walked downstairs and saw Lauren sitting on the couch smiling.

“Okay. I’m dressed now; tell me what the hell you want.”

“Gosh, you get right to the point. And calm down, Morg, it’s not like I want to ruin your career, it’s just, I’m going to do what I have to if you don’t give me what I want.”

“Which is?”

I felt really awkward while Lauren kept eyeing back from me to Morgan every time she spoke or was waiting for him.

“I want the house.”

She wanted the house? That’s sort of extreme, Morgan said he bought this before they even got together, and now she wanted to take that away from him?

“Fine.”

Wait, did he just agree to it?

I was shocked, but so was Lauren.

“Wait, really? You’re going to give it to me that easily?” she looked disappointed. She probably wanted some huge drama fight because that’s the type of woman she was.

“Yup, if it will make you leave me and Addie alone then I’ll give you the house. Just give me a week to pack my stuff and find a new place and you can have it.”

I smiled and she finally did, too.

“Well then that’s great.”

“So, you’ll get rid of the photo.”

“Well, yeah, silly. What? Do you think I’m a heartless bitch?” She looked at us both to see if we’d disagree but when we didn’t she was obviously taken back.

Because honestly, she is a heartless bitch that I have no clue how Morgan’s been married to her for three years.

“Well, thanks for speaking up guys. I guess I’m going to go!”

She waved, smiled and closed the door.

Morgan didn’t say anything he just went to the kitchen and opened up his fridge. I followed him and sat at one of the stools next to the island.

Morgan pulled out a pack of eggs, frozen waffles and some orange juice and went to a cabinet and grabbed out a pan.

“Morgan, can you even cook eggs?” I asked jokingly, well sort of. I’ve never seen him cook or anything.

He looked back at me with his eyebrow cock that I found so sexy and smiled, “Of course I can! I’m a great chef.”

I laughed and nodded.

Watching Morgan crack an egg was probably the funniest thing I’ve ever seen in my life.

“Uh, Morgan, do you need help?”

“Nope, all is well.”

Yeah, right.

I got up to go to the bathroom while he was cooking, but three minutes later I knew I shouldn’t have because I heard the fire alarm.

“I knew you couldn’t cook!” I said laughing making my way back into the kitchen.

“Oh, whatever, Miss Smarty-pants, here’s your waffles and eggs.”

He handed me a plate and we sat down across from each other.

I took a bite cautiously while he was staring at me to see my reaction.

Oh, my God. I hope he didn’t want my honest opinion.

I looked up at him and smiled not wanting to say anything.

“Well?”

“Well, it’s the best burnt eggs I’ve ever had but you’ve left a few egg shells in them…”

“Oh, I know. I just figured you’d eat around that.”

I laughed, was he serious?

I rolled my eyes.

“So, babe?” I still felt all giddy whenever he called me that and I don’t think that feeling is going to disappear anytime soon.

“Yeah?” I looked up batting my eyelashes at him.

“What are you doing today?”

“Nothing, less you have something planned?” I asked it more as a question rather than a statement.

I took a sip of my orange juice and waited for his answer.

“Well, I was hoping we could have dinner or something with your parents so I could meet them.”

WHAT?

I was so shocked I spit my orange juice out and it landed all over him and our disgusting breakfast plates.

He raised his eyebrow and laughed.

“Is that a no?”

“No, no. It’s a, I guess I’ve got to go and call my parents to tell them you’re coming over for dinner.”

He smiled and kissed me on the cheek and took away our plates and dumped them in the trash.