Why do people never listen?

I've got a simple, yet important question today: why can't people ever listen to warnings? Specialised on Boku no Pico.

For those who have seen it, the mere mentioning of the anime has probably caused terrible flashbacks. I'm sorry about this. But those who haven't watched it (yet) must've at least recognised the name of the anime/ manga with the worst reputation in the community. Everyone should've at least heard of it, because, as I already mentioned, this anime/ manga is known as the most traumatising piece of animation in history. (Not officially.)

For the ones here that have no clue about BnP, I will give a quick explanation:
The English Wikipedia describes it as the 'first Shotacon anime'. All of the characters have a short description, although the plot isn't described anywhere. If you don't look carefully, you can just over read the fact that this anime is a hentai.
Boku no Pico was an animated series first, then got adapted as a manga, and eventually as a video game.
If this didn't make it any clearer for you, just look up 'Boku no Pico memes' anywhere and it'll be a better explanation. Or you go and watch it for yourself.

Well, now I'm already at the point where I ask myself: why do people go and watch Boku no Pico, although everyone says it's traumatising as hell?
I would assume that they want to experience the so called horror, or understand the talking in the community or they are just curious. As for myself, I haven't watched it, and probably never plan on. Why? There's a simple story to it:
I, in all my innocence, was digging through some anime memes on no particular social network. And then... I saw it! A Boku no Pico meme! [please insert dramatic music] I wondered: hm, what's this 'Boku no Pico'?
As a big fan of horror anime, I really wanted to check it out. But this fateful day, it was already late at night, so I decided to watch it another day.
A few days later, I planned on watching BnP after just a few minutes of being active in social media. In my opinion, comment wars shouldn't be criticised anymore, because one saved me that fateful day. As you can already guess, the cw was about Boku no Pico. Everyone spilled their opinion on how traumatic this hentai was for them. That's the point where I asked myself: a horror-hentai? Nani?
So, I decided to get myself another opinion. Of course on YouTube. That's where I stumbled across this important piece of reaction:

The video was a reaction on the mentioned anime from PewDiePie, which convinced me that, if didn't want to end like the people in this comment war, I shouldn't watch BnP.
You guys, afford a few minutes for my saviour PewDiePie and watch his reaction video. Hopefully, you'll make the decision to not watch Boku no Pico too. (And I hope that it isn't too late.)

Now I want to review the opinions of the community, starting with the one from AlphaSakura :

"I didn't see it and I don't plan to do, but I think it's because they're curious about it."

This confirms the thesis I've made a few paragraphs ago, but let's get ourselves one more opinion.

"For boku no pico I think it's precisely because people told them not to that they watch it that they do it. Like a contradiction spirit and I think that they are curious about it since a lot of community talk about it. Maybe they think it can't be that bad and try it even though people told them just how bad it was. But the key factor would be couriosity in my opinion, people want to know why a lot of people talk about it and the more you tell someone not to do something the more he'll want to do it."

-ladynighty

I couldn't have said this any better.
Then let's get the conclusion done:
Even though people have been warned about Boku no Pico on the highest level, they still watch it because they're curious about what others found so horrific and think that they can be braver themselves.
And the people who talked about BnP accidentally used reverse psychology. Reverse psychology is a technique involving the assertion of a belief or behavior that is opposite to the one desired, with the expectation that this approach will encourage the subject of the persuasion to do what actually is desired. Or the short version: if you tell someone not to do something, they'll do it.
End of story.

And this can also work with anything else. For example, I've heard that the Death Note Netflix-adaption isn't all that good and that I shouldn't watch it. And what did I do? Guess this one for yourself.

With regard to what I have just written, I can say one thing I'm sure about: people still watching Boku no Pico, even though it's from 2006 and should've been dead long ago, is the fault of the community. Yes, you've read that right! If we just let BnP die and rest in peace, no one will be bothered by it any more. So please, don't ruin vanilla ice cream for any more people. Thank you.

So, did you like my little analysis on the topic why Boku no Pico still isn't dead? If yes, tell me if I can do anything better. If no, tell me if I can do anything better.

At least you've learned something about reverse psychology. I hope.

C U next week!

Sources:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kkT99M6evkQ

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boku_no_Pico

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_psychology